Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Are you ready for Christmas?
I'm not... not at all. I'm ready for the break from work, definitely, but I can't believe that Christmas is only 3 days away. For some reason, the season has not been feeling very Christmassy this year to me. I think it's due to a combination of things--being pregnant and everything that has come with that, having a real job this year that has me still at work today, and not going home for Christmas day for the first time in my life. That last factor was 100% my choice--I purposely planned our trip to start the day after Christmas so that Jacob and I could celebrate Christmas together, just the two of us, to start our own traditions and what-not. My family always did Christmas day with just our immediate family, and I liked it that way. And I was SO excited about my decision to have our own Christmas with just us, until just recently. I'm hoping my excitment comes back when I start feeling more ready for Christmas. As of now, I have not even bought Jacob's Christmas present. I can't believe that I am down to 3 days, and I haven't even done that yet. I've never been such a slacker with Christmas before, but life just seemed a thousand times busier this year than usual, and I didn't get it all done. At least we got our apartment clean and our decorations up! It's taken us a good two weeks of hard-core cleaning to get our apartment looking closer to the way I want it to look, but I am finally feeling better about it. I did absolutely nothing for the few weeks that I was sick and recovering, so our little home was looking pretty bad. But it looks decent now, especially when we turn on all of our Christmas lights! Christmas lights make any space warmer and happier the moment they are turned on. :) I will hopefully post some pictures of our decorations later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am ready for Christmas, and have been since just before Thanksgiving. Don't worry, you will get all this figured out.
Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment