Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I LOVE holidays.  I love 'em.  I look forward to them months ahead of time, and I start making my plans much farther in advance than is "acceptable" by most people's standards.  But I just can't help myself!

That said, Valentine's Day this year was kinda lame.  But the girls have been sick all week, I got it a couple days ago and felt awful for most of the day, our house was a mess (which I'd like to blame on the fact that everyone's been sick, but let's be honest... that's not the reason), and Jacob had a really busy week/day with lots of schoolwork & studying to do.  But I tried to make it at least a little special!

I printed some cute blank Valentine's notes that I found here and wrote one reason I love Jacob on each note (I did 14 total, for February 14th!).  I did something similar for Jacob's 29th birthday, where I wrote out 29 reasons I love Jacob and attached each one to a piece of candy, so I made sure that I came up with all new reasons.  Anyway, then I hid the notes in various places for him to find throughout the day, like in his labcoat pocket, on the steering wheel, in his shoes, in his lunch, etc.  My favorite was "I love you because I know that you could keep us alive if the world was ever overrun with zombies." :)  So true.

Ok, so the flash on the camera made the bathroom mirror look really disgusting.  But I SWEAR to you, it does not look that bad in the bathroom lighting!  I had no idea it was so dirty.  I'm cleaning it as soon as I'm done with this post... promise.



I knew he'd play this game today at least for a little while during one of his study breaks.  I was right. :)

We had a delicious Valentine's dinner--New York strip steak, baked potatoes, broccoli, red velvet cupcakes, and Love Potion #9 (strawberry crush... I got the printables from here).  It was delicious, although it was ruined a little by the fact that Aleta was upstairs screaming the entire time we were eating, because she wouldn't sleep.  Poor sick baby. :(  Also, I'd really wanted it to be a candlelit dinner, but I couldn't find my tall candles.  I haven't used them in like 2 years, so who knows where they are!
This was Jacob's plate at dinner.  I was going to get him a bigger box of chocolates, but every year, he ends up throwing away half of his holiday candy.  So instead of being wasteful this year, I just bought him a tiny box.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness Julie- you are so cute! Jacob is a lucky guy :)