Saturday, July 12, 2014

St. Louis Sprout & About Celebration

Today was the St. Louis Sprout & About Celebration at the Missouri History Museum, so Jacob & I took the girls!  There were lots of booths from various businesses in the St. Louis area, and they each had activities for the kids to do.  And the best part was that it was all FREE!  I love awesome free family activities!

The girls got to meet Elsa from Frozen, Belle from Beauty & the Beast, and Spider-Man!  They got balloon animals (they chose dinosaurs), and they got their faces painted, and they got to make their own slime, and they got to play doctor to sick teddy bears, and lots of other fun things!  The World Bird Sanctuary brought 4 of their birds, which Aleta loved.  She just kept running back and forth from one bird to another.  Naomi did an entire activity at another booth during the time Aleta was just staring at the birds!  So I think the birds were definitely Aleta's favorite part, and Naomi said her favorite thing was getting her face painted.

Meeting Elsa!
The girls wanted red dinosaur balloon animals.
Naomi chose a unicorn for her face paint.


Aleta couldn't make up her mind but finally settled on a rose.



Dr. Naomi!
Dr. Aleta!

Belle!
Making slime

Checking out the birds
This owl was my favorite of the birds--he looked so cute!
This one kept trying to fly away.
They colored flags at the St. Louis World's Fare booth.
Spider-Man!
The only thing that cost money was the Humane Society's booth, where the kids could "adopt" a dog or cat.  They had a bunch of stuffed dogs and cats, and the kids could choose one to take home as their "pet" (for $5).  It really wasn't a bad price for a cute stuffed animal, and it came with a leash and an adoption certificate.  We weren't going to let the kids get one, but Naomi actually prayed last night that we would get her a puppy (which is NEVER going to happen), so I gave in!  We originally told the girls "No", and they were fine with that... But as we walked around, I watched all the other kids pulling their dogs and cats around on their leashes, and I thought about how much fun the kids would have with their little pretend pets, and I thought about how Naomi had prayed for a puppy that she'll never get, and I just couldn't help myself!  So on our way out, we stopped back at the booth and the girls each chose a puppy!  Jacob tried to talk me out of it, but I kept bugging him about it until he was so annoyed that he told me I could just do what I wanted (haha!). 


No comments: