Monday, March 29, 2010

Meet the newest member of our family!

Naomi Rose Romney was born at 5:38 pm on March 22, 2010, 18 1/2 inches long and weighing 5 lbs. 11 ounces.

My family had wanted her to hold out for the 23rd so she could be the 4th generation born on that day (my grandfather, dad and brother were all born on March 23rd), but she came a little too early. I was not too bummed that she didn't hold out an extra day... I wanted the labor & delivery over with as quickly as possible.

Today she is a week old! I can't believe it's been a week already! I had wanted to post this days ago, but life has just been crazy with our little newborn. Jacob and I are more exhausted than we've ever been in our lives, but we love our beautiful little girl.

Naomi had jaundice when she came home, so she has been on the special lights here at home since Friday. Thankfully, her levels came down enough over the weekend that we got to take her off the lights this afternoon! Here is a picture of Naomi in her baby tanning bed:

So Naomi has basically been eating and sleeping in her light bed since we've come home. Jacob and I have been taking care of her and sleeping when we can. The last 48 hours have been a little rough. I got a really bad urinary tract infection after the whole labor & delivery thing, but I didn't realize it and got nothing to make it better, so by Saturday night I had a high fever and was really sick. I went into the local InstaCare on Sunday and got on some antibiotics, but even after being on them for the past 2 days, I still feel crappy. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who has been helping me out and some wonderful friends who have stepped in and come over to be with me when Jacob couldn't be here due to work. So we are getting through!

Here are some other photos of our little sweetie pie for you to enjoy!





1 comment:

Angie said...

I am glad you took pics of her under the lights. I had never seen such a thing before.

I love you sis! Hang in there and enjoy every minute you have with your little miracle! They grow oh so fast!