I had two funny conversations with my kids today.
The first was with my 5th grade math group:
Boy: "Why aren't you wearing your wedding rings?!"
Me: "Well, for a lot of pregnant women, their fingers swell up and get too fat and their rings don't fit anymore. Mine started hurting my finger, so I had to take them off."
Girl: "But what if a boy sees you and thinks you're not married?" (She was very serious and honestly concerned about this.)
Me: "I hope that he would notice that I'm pregnant and think that I was married."
Girl: "But what if he just thinks you're really fat?!"
To which I had no response... I just laughed really hard.
The second conversation was with one of my 6th grade boys, while we were playing a board game called Allowance. He landed on a space that said, "Collect $3.00 for weeding garden." But when he read the space, he read, "Collect $3.00 for wiping Grandma." I started laughing (I couldn't help it) and told him it was actually for weeding the garden, and he responded, "Oh... I was gonna say, if it was for wiping Grandma, I better get more than $3.00!!".
It's on days like these that I'm reminded of why I love teaching these kids.
2 comments:
Those are cute stories! Thanks for sharing!
What dark moment in that child's past led to him reading it that way?
Post a Comment