Naomi started smiling a couple weeks ago, but her smiles are still rare, especially when I take out a camera. She smiles the most either right before or right after she spits up, so I usually don't have my camera with me and ready. I have gotten a few good pictures, however! I LOVE her little smiles... they make the hours of screaming and the nights of no sleep all worth it.
Naomi started sleeping in her crib on Thursday night. She seems to like it fine--she doesn't sleep any better or any worse than she did in her pack 'n play in our room. I, however, seem to sleep worse. It was so strange the first night she slept in her own room. I was so worried that as soon as I got into bed something would happen to her and she would stop breathing and die. So 5 seconds after I'd crawl into bed, I'd jump out again and go check on her. And I did that about 10 times before finally going to sleep myself. After the first night, I haven't been quite as worried, but it's still been hard not having her a foot away from me all night. I know that it's ridiculous and that she will most likely be fine in her crib, but she's my little baby so I'm allowed to be ridiculous! :)
I am slowly (very slowly) getting the apartment unpacked. My mom was such a HUGE help when she was here. Pretty much everything that has been unpacked was unpacked by her. But once she left, our progress slowed to almost nothing. It's just so hard to get things done with Naomi! There are many days where it's 5 in the evening and I realize that I haven't even brushed my teeth yet that day. I need to make it a goal for myself that I will at least get dressed and look presentable each day when I get up--I think it will help me to feel better about myself and to be more productive. But anyway, Jacob and I have six or seven bins left to go through and put away. I'm hoping we can do a bin each day and be finished by this weekend! As soon as we have the apartment looking great, I'll take and post some pictures of our new little home.

1 comment:
Aw, I am loving hearing about your little family.
Post a Comment