We went to our new ward for church and actually stayed all 3 hours, despite the fact that Naomi was quite fussy the entire time. I had to walk the halls with her for about half of sacrament meeting, and I missed all of the introductions other than our own during the 2nd hour's new member meeting. I got to catch up with my friend Erin during the third hour of church--I graduated with her in the special education program at BYU, and she moved to Chicago last year with her husband. They were in town this week for a friend's wedding and were visiting her sister-in-law who happened to be in our new ward. It was nice to see her and talk with her a little bit.
Here is Naomi in her cute dress for church! I love her little pose--it looks like she is ready to box somebody.
My mom left on Thursday morning--it was a sad day! I hated that she had to leave. I had so much fun with her, having her here for 2 weeks. Basically all of the unpacking that got done was done by my mom. I don't know how we ever would have moved without her help! I cried half of the way home from the airport. When Naomi woke up and started crying, I knew I had to be the strong one, so I pulled myself together. Naomi was pretty fussy the rest of the day (I think because she was missing her Grandma!).
Before my mom left, she gave me my first ever Mother's Day present--red roses and red placemats to go in our kitchen! She also cut and hemmed the curtains that I bought for the kitchen so that they would fit and look nice, which I was extremely grateful for. I am not much of a seamstress, and I was not looking forward to hemming curtains by hand. I love the way our new little kitchen looks!
2 comments:
I love the new kitchen too! And I love how much you love your mom! :0) SHe IS pretty awesome.
I forgot to tell you on FB how I love your long hair! It looks amazing.
I really love that picture where she looks like she's about to hit somebody. Makes me smile every time.
Post a Comment