Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Babykins!

Today was Naomi's first birthday! I can't believe it's already been a year since she was born.

For the most part, we spent the day much like every other day... napping, eating, and dropping off/picking up Daddy from school. We also ran a few errands (Target) and since the weather was beautiful, I took Naomi to check out one of the parks in Columbia. But she was afraid of the mulch on the playground, and she wouldn't let me put her down. (She's also terrified of grass and of being in a garage... silly girl! At least we got her over her fear of the pink ball.) We also read a special book at bedtime (Happy Birthday to You, by Dr. Seuss) instead of her regular bedtime story, On the Night You Were Born (which is an awesome book, by the way... it makes me teary-eyed every time I read it). Since Naomi was born one year ago today at 5:38 pm, I wanted to get a picture of her today at the exact same time. So at 5:38 pm MST (6:38 here in the Central Time Zone), this is what Naomi was doing:




Happy Birthday, my sweet baby girl! Daddy & I love you!


(Don't you just love the way her hair sticks up there in the back? No matter how hard I try, it will not lay flat!)

No comments: