Here's a little update as to what's been going on with our family:
I got mastitis again a few days ago... either that, or it was the same bout of mastitis as before, and it just never got completely wiped out. But I'm on new antibiotics and am starting to feel better again, so hopefully this will be the last time! I've been to see a doctor 5 times in the last 18 days, to 3 different buildings, to see 4 different doctors, so I'm really hoping that things are finally taken care of.
Jacob started classes for his spring semester at Mizzou last week, and he had his first day of his clinical rotations yesterday. Naomi decided to wake up at the break of dawn (we don't have curtains yet for her room, so that's what happens), so I was already up when Jacob left in the morning. Our camera's battery is dead, but I got a picture on the cell phone of my studly man in his scrubs & lab coat! (Sorry the quality and lighting is so crappy... I should have gotten the real camera ready, but I was too sick to care at the time! Also, please excuse the mess... we are still not unpacked!)

Naomi is now sleeping in her very own twin bed! She had been sleeping in the pack 'n play (because we already raised the mattress in the crib to the highest setting for Aleta), but on Wednesday night when we put her down for bed, she somehow climbed/fell out of the pack 'n play and sat there on the floor crying until I came in to get her. So Jacob & I decided it was time for her real bed. We were both expecting her to have a hard time adjusting to the new bed & new room (she had also been sleeping in what will be Aleta's room), but to our surprise, she has transitioned very easily to sleeping in her new bed! On Wednesday night, Jacob laid down with Naomi for a little while before leaving her room. When he left, she cried for a few minutes but then fell asleep. When I checked on her later, she was curled in a ball on the very bottom end of the bed, which was the only part of the bed that didn't have a wall or a bed gate blocking her from falling to the floor. Luckily, she didn't fall out! Every time since then that we've put her down for bed or for a nap, she has gone to bed happily without crying at all. So we have been very happy with how well Naomi has adjusted to her new sleeping arrangements! Right now, Naomi's room has no furniture except for her bed, which has no cute bedding--just white sheets--but as soon as we get her room looking prettier, I'll take some pictures.
Aleta has started smiling and cooing a lot, which I am enjoying! I think she sleeps better at night than Naomi ever did, which has been nice for me. Naomi woke up so often to nurse for the first year of her life, and I never got any sleep... it was awful. I'm hoping Aleta will continue to be a little easier on me as far as sleeping goes!
Our new place is still a disaster... I'm actually surprised we've gotten as much done as we have, considering I've been sick almost the entire time we've lived here. My amazing sister-in-law Rachel spent a few days here with us when I was sick with mastitis and we had just moved in, helping with the kids & helping us get things unpacked. We wouldn't have gotten anything done without her, so we really appreciated having her here with us! Naomi loved having someone to play with and give her attention, too, since I had been too sick to play with her. Thank you again, Rachel! You are awesome!!
Once we get all of the boxes & bins unpacked and put away, I will take & post some pictures of our new place. But it may be a little while, so be patient with me!
I will leave you with a few more photos of terrible quality from our phone from the past few weeks... I wish I had had our camera charged & good to go, but that just was not a priority at the time with everything else going on!
This is the bedding I ordered for Naomi's bed from Target (on clearance!! 29.98 for the whole bedding set)
This is a picture of part of our living room in our new place, right after we moved in. Our box spring sat there at the bottom of the stairs for 3 days before we finally asked the maintenance guys to help us. They had to take off our front door and scrape up the walls/ceiling a bit to get it up the stairs.

Naomi started sitting in the stroller in the living room to watch her movies. Jacob finally folded it up and put it in the kitchen so it was out of the way, and I walked in to find her trying to sit in it while it was still folded up!

Naomi has also started crawling in the basket under the stroller and trying to hide.

Aleta had her first real bath here in our new house. I expected her to scream the whole time, since that's what Naomi did when she was a baby, but she actually was pretty calm. She didn't seem to like it, but she didn't even cry or fuss... she mostly just lay there in her tub looking like this:


2 comments:
Both girls are too cute and I can't believe from the photos how grown up Naomi is, what a sweetheart! Your apartment looks wonderful and so spacious! I hope everything goes better for you!
Aw, your girls are so cute! I'm glad your mastitis is getting better. Your house looks lovely. Sophie is now in a toddler bed and she fell out a few times toward the beginning- might I recommend putting a blanket (or two) next to the bed? Last week she fell out, didn't make a peep, and cuddled with the blanket on the floor!
Post a Comment