Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Naomi!

On Thursday, my beautiful girl turned 2 years old! I can't believe how big she is! She looks more like a little girl and less like my baby... it makes me happy & sad at the same time.


We went to visit Jacob's parents for the weekend and had a birthday party for Naomi on Saturday. Everyone in the family who lives in Missouri was able to come! We brought bubbles for the kids, and they had fun playing with them outside for a while. Bubbles are pretty much Naomi's favorite thing in the world, so she loved it. She's not very good at blowing bubbles on her own, though, so her cousin Zo tried to help her--it was pretty adorable!





This picture I took of Naomi's cousin Adelyn is one of my favorites from the day:

Naomi got some pretty awesome presents, but she wasn't interested in opening them. She loves cameras--probably even a little more than she loves bubbles--so anytime someone is using a camera or video camera, she cares about nothing else. And of course I wanted a video and some photos of her opening her gifts, but as soon as she saw the cameras, she stopped caring about her presents. It's very frustrating... I try to video tape her and take her picture when she is doing cute things, but she stops doing everything as soon as she sees me. Her cousins were more than happy to help her open her presents, though!


She got a lot of clothes for the spring and summer, which she desperately needed, and some toys including a hula hoop and an awesome tea set which I am ridiculously excited about. We're going to have some pretty fun tea parties when we get home!

We left our main presents for her at home because they were pretty big. Jacob & I got her a little tikes table & chair set and a little tikes art easel (with a chalkboard on one side), both for way cheap off of craigslist. I was so excited... I gave her the table early, because she was awake when it was dropped off, and she has been having a lot of fun using it for coloring and other things.


For the rest of her party on Saturday we ate cake and ice cream and just hung out with the family. Naomi had a blast playing with her cousins. She loves playing with other kids, so she always has a great time when we get to see her cousins.




Aleta slept through the entire party--I'm not sure whether it's teething or something else, but for some reason she wasn't feeling well. She finally woke up and made an appearance around dinnertime. Even when she isn't feeling well, she is a cutie pie!

3 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!

Sarah said...

aww, dang, i wish we could have come a few days earlier for the party! at least we get to see you guys there for a few days still. I am so excited! And Naomi is so cute and fun. I can't wait to see everyone and play with all the kiddos.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness- she is so cute and funny! I love the smile she got on her face when everyone cheered after she blew out the candle. (For a second before that I thought she might take a face dive into the cake! That would have made for an entertaining video).