Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy October!


Jacob and I have been having fun this month. We took an evening (before the colors died) to drive up the canyon and look at the pretty leaves. I love fall! Although it is not at all like the fall I grew up with... someday I want to visit the east coast again for fall, where there is REAL green to turn into pretty fall colors. It's just not the same here.


This week we had planned to go to Thanksgiving Point to go through the corn maze and buy a pumpkin on Wednesday night, but it ended up raining all day. I had been so excited to go out and do something, so I was bummed that we had to cancel. So I convinced Jacob to take me to Pirate Island, a new pirate-themed restaurant in Orem. It was really cute. We ate in the Tiki Room, and afterward we spent some time playing games in the arcade. It's meant for a much younger crowd, but we loved it. We even got a pirate rubber ducky with the tickets we won from the games!
This was painted on the wall by our table.
This was our awesome pirate rubber ducky!
The husband :)

Me & the hubby!  This is after I stopped wearing makeup due to pregnancy sickness & lack of caring. :)

Jacob forgot that UVU had fall break this week, so when he realized he didn't have his Thursday night class, we decided to go to Thanksgiving Point that night instead. He has been working every night that he hasn't had class, so it was a nice surprise that he had a night off and we were able to go. I didn't realize that they had so many different things to do there. Jacob and I went through the kiddie corn maze (and got a little more lost than we probably should have, considering it was made for children), and Jacob raced a bunch of little kids on these bikes around a course they have. Regrettably, I left my camera in the car, so I don't have any pictures of him on the little bike. He seemed to be having as much fun as the little kids.

The highlight of my night was my foot-long hot dog! I have been craving a hot dog for the past 4 months, and it's been driving me crazy. I wanted one SO badly. So I gave in and got one for dinner. It was DELICIOUS. Sadly, though, it hasn't eased my cravings one bit, and I still really wish I was allowed to eat hot dogs on a regular basis. As soon as this baby comes out, I am going to eat a hot dog a day.

We also got to go through the haunted corn maze, which really wasn't a maze at all. It was more of a haunted path through the corn. We were a little bummed that it wasn't a real maze, but we still had fun with it. We had to wait in line for a little while until it got dark, so we talked to the two girls behind us for a few minutes. I get scared really easily, and I was a little nervous, so when I found out that they were only 12, I felt a little better. By the time Jacob and I were at the end of the maze, the girls had caught up to us, and I guess they felt like we were buddies since we had chatted in the line, because when one of them got scared, she grabbed onto the back of my jacket and held on until we were completely through the maze.

Note:  This is being posted over 2 years later, but I just now found it in my drafts.

No comments: