Monday, July 9, 2012

Perfect Moments

Life is messy and hard and busy and extremely stressful... at least mine is, anyway.  But once in a while, I find myself living a perfect moment... one that I wish I could bottle up and save to re-live when life is not so perfect.

I had one of those perfect moments a few months ago.  I was holding Aleta, and she was at the age where she had recently started smiling.  As I held her, she was just staring at me and giving me the most beautiful little baby smile, and I started crying (happy tears).  It probably sounds silly (at least to anyone who isn't a mother), but I could see in those beautiful little eyes how much she loved me.  I felt adored, and at that moment, everything else in life seemed completely insignificant.

Tonight, I had another perfect moment.  Jacob & I were putting Naomi to bed, and for some reason she was really wired and hyper (but also in a really good, happy mood).  So Jacob and I climbed into bed with Naomi to try to get her to calm down and get sleepy.  Naomi was laying between us, leaning her head on mine, and I had my arm over her so that I could hold Jacob's hand.  I felt calm and so incredibly happy, just laying there with two of my favorite people in the world.

I love my little family so much!  :)

2 comments:

GinnyMae said...

Awww, this makes me so happy.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to this post :)