Friday, December 28, 2012

Aleta's First Birthday!

Aleta turned one on December 16th.  We had wanted to have a big party at Jacob's parents' house, but it ended up not working out because of all of the holiday happenings, so we just had a little party here instead.  Some of Jacob's family members were still able to come, so we had a good time!  Poor Aleta was pretty sick, so she was miserable most of the time.  She would take little breaks in between eating her cake to just sit in her high chair and cry... it was pretty sad!  You can see in the videos and pictures that she is all snotty, and her face is red and chapped from being wiped so much.  Poor girl!
 

Jacob refused to ask the bakery worker to put Aleta's name on the cake, so I had to do it myself, which is why it looks terrible!
Trying to get her to blow out her candle...
I think she likes it!
Yummy cake!

Sad, sick baby girl!
My cutie Naomi!
She wasn't really sure what to do with her wrapped presents, so Naomi and Daddy helped her open them.  We got her a ride-on toy (that I bought used for only $10!!  I love getting awesome deals!) and two little outfits that I also found second-hand for amazing prices.  She and Naomi both love the ride-on toy!




Since she was so miserable for her birthday party, I wanted to have another birthday cake for her once she was healthy so that she could really enjoy it!  It took until after Christmas for everyone to get healthy again, but we finally managed it and yesterday we had a second birthday cake for Aleta.  She loved it!  The rest of us liked it a lot, too... the Hyvee bakery makes pretty yummy cakes!  And it looked much prettier than the first cake.
 

 


 
 

 
Daddy & Naomi looking cute!
 
Happy First Birthday, my sweet baby girl!!

Our family at Aleta's party

No comments: