Thanksgiving this year, at least for me, was pretty dang awful... probably the worst ever. One year in high school, I had my wisdom teeth taken out on the Monday before Thanksgiving, and on Thanksgiving I was still so swollen that all I could eat was a roll. This year was much worse. Thanksgiving fell right in the middle of my 40ish days of being really sick, and it fell during what ended up being the worst week of my sickness. I was much too sick to go to the Romney Thanksgiving so Jacob and Naomi went without me and Aleta. I spent the day laying around, watching Christmas movies, crying, and feeling sorry for myself... haha. I didn't handle being left alone at home very well, but in my defense, I was so physically and emotionally exhausted from being so sick for so long that I couldn't really handle anything.
I was glad to have this cutie home with me to keep me company though!
I felt bad that Aleta's first Thanksgiving was so crappy... she didn't get to try any yummy Thanksgiving food, and the only pictures I got to document her day were of her lounging around in her pajamas. At least she looks adorable!
1 comment:
I can completely relate. I suffered since April with gall stones. Imagine being pregnant, working full time, coming home every night to take care of three (adorable) boys by yourself while suffering with heart attack like chest pains. It was really scary that no one could diagnosis me and it was only getting worst. Then I had to go into the hospital for 5 days during the holidays and Zack's birthday!!! Poor little guy! Then imagine recovering from a major operation while still working full time, taking care of an infant and do Christmasy stuff. As you would say it was "awful."
However I was never miserable and I never complained b/c I knew our Heavenly Father would get me through it. Whining would not help me. It taught me to be grateful for my many blessings: my health, beautiful children, a roof over my head. While in the hospital I realized there were people there who were not going to see the holidays. There are people who do not have access to affordable housing or food. There are children in cancer wards. I even reread your blog A Lesson in Faith about being grateful b/c our Father will ultimataely provide.
Instead of complaining, whining and looking for sympathy, I learned to be grateful for I am truly blessed beyond means.
However, I am grateful that I CAN vent to you because based on all of your fb postings and your blog, I can tell you have been going through something, similar and I am sure you can relate. Thanks!
Post a Comment