Monday, October 13, 2014

My husband is employed!

Jacob received and accepted a job offer today!!!  The job is in Jefferson City, and we are so excited!!!  He starts Monday, which means we have to find a place to move into, pack up the whole house in the next few days, and move on Saturday.  This week is going to be crazy!

My emotions have been a little intense today... One minute, I'm feeling awesome and wanting to do a happy dance, and the next minute I'm feeling completely depressed and sobbing.  I really am so happy that we got this job--I was really excited when Jacob got this opportunity, and I am definitely happy about it!  I'm excited to move to the Jefferson City area.  But I am so, SO incredibly bummed that we won't be moving closer to my family.  I didn't realize how much I was really hoping for that until the possibility was gone.  The last few years have been really hard, and it's been torture not being able to see my family (one visit in almost 4 years is pretty crappy, seriously).  It's been really nice being close to Jacob's family for holidays and being able to visit randomly for the weekend occasionally, but I want that kind of deal with my family.  One visit every few years, or even one visit every year if we can pull that off, just isn't the same.  It's just not.  And it really sucks.  I knew that when Jacob graduated, there would be a chance to move closer, and I was really hoping for that.  So today has been awesome, and happy, but also a little disappointing and kinda sad for me.

But we are employed!  Yay!  And we are so excited for this next move/adventure!!!

No comments: