Thursday, May 14, 2009
The Apartment!
My roommate Jess and I worked like crazy yesterday on the living room in the new apartment. Last weekend I was starting to get really depressed about the place--it just looked so awful. It didn't feel homey, and the thought of having to spend any more time there made me want to cry. I was not looking forward to the day I would have to move in. So Jess helped me transform the place. We hung pictures and put up my bookshelf and made covers for the mis-matched couches out of red sheets and a bunch of safety pins. Then we cleaned and unloaded two gigantic piles of trash into the dumpster. It looks like a new apartment, in the living room at least. All I can say about the couch covers is that Jessica is AMAZING. She found a way to make the sheets completely cover both couches and the chair, and the chair even still reclines. I'll upload pictures later today... I wish I had thought to take a "before" picture so you could see the difference, but I didn't think of it until our make-shift couch covers were on, and there is no way we were taking them off after all the trouble we went to to get them on. You will have to picture it for yourself. Just picture an ugly room with bare walls and mis-matched furniture. The large couch was white leather, and the chair and loveseat were a blue colored fabric. Now, the walls are no longer bare, the bookshelf helps the room feel homier and less empty, and the couches actually match. All we have left to do is finish cleaning the other rooms in the apartment and make them look decent as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So is it a furnished apartment? So glad you were able to get some help with transforming it. Can't wait to see the pics!
Got the invitation today. Yay!
Wow, it looks awesome! I am so impressed with what you have done - many thanks to Jess. I had no idea you liked red so much!!
It's not a furnished apartment, but we got lucky in that some of our friends had couches that they don't need and are letting us have or borrow them. :) But they came from two different people, so of course they didn't match, and they didn't match the colors we wanted our living room to be, so Jess and I tried to fix that. :)
You two did an amazing job.
Post a Comment