
I have been cleaning like mad this week. Jacob and I got the keys to our first apartment together on Friday, and we were SO excited! Until we opened the door and saw our apartment for the first time. It was GROSS. The first thing we noticed was the smell... it just smelled old and dirty. There was hair all along the edges and corners of the carpets, the kitchen floor was covered in dirt and grime, there was hair on the bathroom counter, and I don't even want to talk about the tub. But in only a few days, we already have the place looking a thousand times better. The carpets have been shampooed, which helped with the smell immensely. We've vacuumed, mopped, washed walls and doors, wiped inside cupboards, you name it... and I am exhausted. But the apartment is starting to look good, and it finally feels like a place that I could call "Home".
The most exciting part of today was that our bed was delivered! Seeing the bed sitting there in what will soon be our bedroom made the whole thing seem so much more real to me. In only a month, I will be married and living there with Jacob. And I can't wait!

I had to try out our new bed! So I flopped on it...

And bounced on it...

And then rested from all of the exhausting cleaning. I've decided it's a good bed. :)
4 comments:
HOw much of the work did the landlord do? They should have had it clean for you when you all got the keys.
They shampooed the carpets, but that was it. He is reimbursing us $10 an hour though from the previous tenant's deposit for all the cleaning we do. They were supposed to clean, they just didn't.
hahaha that pic of you jumping on the bed is so funny. You rock! I can't believe you are getting married...my little girl's all grown up!
Well, I sleep there all the time now.
Post a Comment