Saturday, October 15, 2011

Stubborn

Naomi has always been a strong-willed child, even back in the first 6-8 weeks of her life when she screamed constantly if we weren't holding her. Jacob said something a few days ago about how he thought Naomi would be one of those kids who would stick her hand in a candy jar, grab a fistful of candy, and never be able to take out her hand because she's far too stubborn to let go of the candy. It made me laugh because it's so true.

In fact, she recently did something similar. I was eating lucky charms the other morning for breakfast, and Naomi saw the box and wanted some. She had never had them before, but it's a sugary cereal, so of course she loved them. I had turned away for a few minutes to do something on the computer when I heard her start whining. So I turned around to see her sitting there with her fist stuck in her mouth. She had grabbed such a large handful of cereal that she couldn't open her fist to leave the cereal in her mouth, but she was too stubborn to take it out. So she just sat there, whining and trying to chew on the cereal while her fist was still in her mouth. I rushed over to help her, and she got quite angry with me when I yanked her hand out and made her dump her handful of slobbery cereal back into her bowl. It was so funny--I wish I had thought to grab the camera and take a quick picture before rushing to help her!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness that is a funny story! Hopefully you remember the camera next time something like that happens. It would make for a pretty awesome photo.

Lindsay Rondo said...

hahaha that is too funny! i wish you had a picture.

and i love the "babykins" picture on the side, her facial expression is priceless.

Lindsay