I took the girls with me to St. Louis to get Jess from the airport, and while we were in the area, we went to the zoo! I LOVE the St. Louis zoo. What's not to love about a zoo that's FREE?! Aleta didn't care much about the animals--she just wanted to run around. That's pretty much the stage she is in lately--she just wants to run around, no matter where we are or what we are doing. Nothing is more interesting than running around. Naomi, on the other hand, was super excited about seeing the animals. Specifically, she wanted to make sure we saw the elephants, giraffes, and monkeys.
| I think that was a Komodo dragon in the background? |
| Some type of monkeys. |
![]() |
| Just ignore the "A"... this was used for part of Jacob's Father's Day gift, but it's the only photo I have of the girls together wearing their dresses! |
Wednesday was a hot day, so we took the girls to Little Mates Cove here in Columbia. We've tried taking Naomi swimming every single summer, and this was the first time Naomi actually enjoyed it! She usually cries and screams and freaks out and doesn't want anything to do with the water, but she had fun this year. And Aleta seemed to have fun, too. Little Mates Cove was perfect for them--it's only for kids. The water is never higher than a foot or so. There are slides and flowers that squirt water and other fun things. And it's not too cold since it's not very deep.
In addition to going on the carousel again on Thursday, Jess and I took the girls to the library. We got new books, Aleta ran in circles around everything, and Naomi got to play games on the library computers (Naomi's favorite part of our library outings). They also had some special thing going on at the library that we were unaware of, and they had chickens for the kids to see and even pet! Naomi was pretty excited to see the chickens, but she wasn't sure what to think when I told her to pet it.
We spent Friday at a couple parks, trying to find some ducks to feed, but we were quite disappointed. Somehow, there wasn't a single duck at either park that I was SURE would have ducks. Naomi was pretty sad, since Jess & I had really built up the excitement of going to feed the ducks, and then we couldn't find any. But she did have fun playing on the playgrounds!
I love the static-y hair shots. :)
Jacob spent Friday-Saturday camping and fishing with some of his friends, so on our way home from picking him up on Saturday, we stopped at Graham Cave State Park to have a picnic. All of our pictures turned out kinda crappy, but I think Aleta's face in these two is pretty hilarious.
We spent Father's Day at church and then lazing around at home. Jacob wanted to have a relaxing day, so that's what we did. He also didn't want me to take any family photos, so I granted his wish, even though it made me very unhappy. The girls looked so dang cute in their dresses, and I really wanted a picture of them with their Daddy on Father's Day... but I gave Jacob what he wanted! We had a steak dinner and a chocolate cream pie for dessert... yum!
Monday was our last day with Jessie, so it was a pretty sad day. We had hoped to make it a fun day by taking the kids to the science center before dropping Jess off at the airport, but it ended up being a disaster. First of all, the science center was a complete disapointment. Naomi loved the big T-Rex and Triceratops, but other than that, there really wasn't a single thing we cared to see or do. Aleta wanted to do nothing but run around, and she threw a big fat screaming tantrum when we tried to pick her up to bring her to another area. So we cut our outing short, which ended up being a good thing because they were having some nasty storms in St. Louis. When we left the science center, it was downpouring outside. I left Jess with the kids and went to get the car, and before I was halfway to the car, I was drenched. I couldn't have been any wetter if I had jumped in a pool. I drove around to the front of the building to pick them up, so the others managed to get in the car without getting completely soaked, but I was miserable. And of course, I hadn't thought to bring any extra clothes for myself, and I didn't have towels or blankets or anything else, so we had to make a trip to Walmart, where I had to buy the cheapest towels I could find ($1.99!!) and the cheapest shirt/pants for myself. Then we all had to dry off and change in the Walmart bathroom. I totally felt like white trash, walking out of Walmart in my new bright red running pants and crappy t-shirt (is it TMI to add that I had to take off my bra, too? I had no choice! Everything was soaked through!). It definitely wasn't the exciting, fun day we had planned... but it was an adventure I guess!
We loved having Jess come and play for the week, and we can't wait til next summer!!! Now, who wants to come visit us next? ;)


4 comments:
1. your hair is so long and gorgeous.
2. Aleta looks like a different baby!
3. I should totally mail you some of Alex's dresses that she has grown out of. What size does Naomi wear?
4. How fun to have your bestie come visit! You should come visit az!
Naomi wears a size 3T. I wish we could come visit Arizona! I bet Naomi & Alex would have fun! :) Someday, we'll be wealthy and then we can travel all over and visit all of our friends... haha.
WE DO!!!!!!!
Naomi is so tiny! haha. Alex is in 5t or small in juniors. Facebook me your address and if you want I will totally send you some of Alex's dresses.
Post a Comment