Our bathrooms here have been seriously depressing me... SERIOUSLY. So I spent a few hours the other day attempting to clean ours, which was very difficult considering I can hardly even get back into the corner where the toilet is. To remind you, this is what that corner looks like:
It's so bad. Cleaning back in that corner was not fun! Anyway, so I spent a good deal of time cleaning all the dirt, dust, and other crap left over from the construction workers who never clean up after themselves, and then I got the bathroom set up! I had to buy a cabinet that sits on the floor to give us at least somewhere to put our stuff, since there isn't a single cupboard or shelf in the entire room. I wish I could have done something a little cheaper, but it was really my only option as a renter. I couldn't get anything that you have to actually install & screw into the walls. I'm still amazed that I found a cabinet small enough that it wouldn't be too much in the way. It was a miracle. I spent probably 3 hours looking around online to find something, anything that could work!
Here's the bathroom before I cleaned it up & beautified it:
And after:
At least it's pretty now, right? I bought a super cheap mirror & hung it behind the sink so that we can use the sink the right way and still be able to see in the mirror.
I love our shower curtain. We've had an ugly, dark, plain brown shower curtain for the past 4 years. Our bathroom was always so dark. I wanted a brighter, happier shower curtain and brighter colored rugs this time. I love the bright green!
And that's our tiny little cabinet! It's super tiny, but it holds what I need it to hold. And somehow, it's actually not too much in our way! That wedding picture won't be staying there for very long. I just wanted something on that side of the cabinet for now, but it will be replaced soon, probably by hairspray or something like that.
1 comment:
It looks great Julie! Good job. And good thing neither of you are fat or you might not be able to use the toilet. It looks like a really tight space!
Post a Comment