Sunday, October 6, 2013

Preschool

We didn't have any plans to send Naomi to preschool this year, but shortly after we moved into our house here in St. Louis, my upstairs neighbor (who also goes to our church) told me about a group of moms in our church who were doing a little preschool thing for their kids, and she invited Naomi to do it too!  It sounded perfect in every way, so I said heck yes!  One of the moms made all of the lesson plans and bought all of the materials, and then they split the cost between all of the moms, so preschool for Naomi for this semester cost us a grand total of $7.28!  They meet one day a week, and all of the moms take turns teaching and helping.  So I only have to take off work 3 days in the next 4 months.  Since I babysit in the morning, I can't take Naomi or pick her up from preschool, so my awesome neighbor takes her for me when she takes her son.  It worked out so perfectly for us!

Naomi LOVES it.  She's been asking me for about a year "When can I go to school?", so she was SUPER excited.  I bought a backpack for her this summer because she loves backpacks and it was on clearance at Hobby Lobby (it was like 2 bucks--awesome!), and she is so excited every week to wear it to preschool.  On the first day, I was really nervous that she was going to be upset when she was leaving, since I wasn't even going to be driving her.  She didn't know our upstairs neighbor at all yet, or any of the other kids, but she didn't care at all!  She ran right out our door and got into our neighbor's car without even looking back!  I totally cried.  Lame, I know.  But she didn't even stop to give me a hug & a kiss, or look back to say goodbye!  I love how excited and happy she is to be at preschool, though.  Every week she tells me the same thing when she gets home--as soon as the car door opens and she sees me, she yells, "Mommy!  I had so much fun at school!".  And then she opens her backpack and shows me all of her papers and projects.  It's adorable!  I love that she is having so much fun.

Naomi's first day!
All the kids on the first day--picture from my neighbor's cell phone

No comments: