Sometime in November, I happened to be on the St. Louis Parks website, and they were advertising a contest they were doing to give away free carriage rides through their Winter Wonderland, which is a giant Christmas lights display in one of the parks here in the city. To enter, all you had to do was "like" any or all of their parks facebook pages. A horse-drawn carriage ride through a park filled with Christmas lights sounded pretty awesome, like something out of a movie, so I liked all of the facebook pages on the list! I tried to check the page to see who won each drawing (not at all expecting to actually win), but somehow I missed one of the drawings, and weeks later, I saw that I had won! Luckily, we were still able to claim our prize, and Jacob and I had our first date night since we moved here in August!
I checked the facebook page after our date to see how many entries they had, and the main parks page alone had over 3500 likes! I felt so lucky and blessed to have won!
 |
| The envelope for my tickets--I thought it was cute that she drew the little picture in the corner. :) |
The carriage rides are $80 normally, by the way, and that's not including the tip for your driver (which is expected). The carriage ride is only about 20 minutes, and although it was pretty nice to ride through "Winter Wonderland", it is definitely NOT worth 80 bucks. But for free, it was pretty awesome!
 |
| Our horse's name was Woody. |
 |
| We rode in the Cinderella carriage, which made me feel a little guilty for not bringing the kids, because Naomi would have LOVED it. But we really needed a date night! |
I wanted to take pictures, but I wanted to enjoy the time with my husband more, so the camera stayed away for most of the carriage ride. I'm hoping to get some pictures of the Winter Wonderland later when we drive through it with the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment