Thursday, August 20, 2015

Oh, the tears!

Well, it's official.  Naomi is in kindergarten!  She got on her bus today, forgot to give me a hug and a kiss, and didn't so much as wave goodbye.  She was SO ready for school!

We had orientation last night where we met her teacher.  I really love her teacher!  I'm pretty sure we got the best one. :)  Naomi wanted to make her a card and a little gift, so I found a bunch of ideas online and let Naomi pick the one she wanted to do.  We made her some "pencils" (from Rolos and Hershey Kisses and construction paper).

Naomi at Orientation

The "pencils" we made for her teacher.
Since yesterday was Naomi's last day with us before she started school, the girls and I had a "Girls Movie Day" and we rented the movie Paddington and painted our nails!  I got a few new nail polish colors the night before, and the girls were so excited!  They both wanted "rainbow nails", so we did a different color on each nail.  I forgot to take pictures, but you can see Naomi's cute fingernails in some of the pictures below.
 
Of course I had to take the typical "First day of School" pictures, so here are those from this morning!

You can see her pretty nails here. :)


Waiting for the bus!
Naomi didn't cry at all when she got on the bus.  She was nothing but excited for school.  No nervousness or worries at all on her end!  I wish I could say the same for myself!  As I was walking away from the bus, I was actually doing pretty well--just tearing up a little. But a man in one of the cars waiting to get out of the neighborhood rolled down his window and said, sympathetically, "First day, huh?".  So I said, "uh huh" and then started bawling.  It was a rough morning for me!!

I can't wait to pick her up from the bus stop this afternoon!  Happy first day of Kindergarten, Naomi!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aw that's so sweet about the guy in the car and that putting you over the edge. I would have done the same thing. Her nails look so cute and that's so sweet she wanted to give the teacher a gift. You are so crafty! And I love the picture of her at the bus stop. Hurray Naomi!