I have been working like crazy lately to try to get our house cleaned and better organized. Organization is NOT one of my strengths... and that's putting it mildly. I've never been a tidy person. I'm terrible, TERRIBLE with clutter. I have no idea how to organize the house and then keep it clean and organized and pretty. But I have been trying so hard lately to turn that around!
This weekend I tried to tackle the playroom, but it was quite frustrating. It's a pretty small room, and we just have too much stuff. We also have this weird little open space in our hallway where our laundry room door is, and I've been trying to figure out how we could use that space to our advantage, instead of either having it empty and wasting it completely, or just using it to store stuff that doesn't have anywhere else to go, which is what we've been doing. And that of course looks horrible, but like I said, I'm so bad with organization and clutter!
I finally decided last night that I wanted to turn the little hall alcove space into a reading nook for the girls! This would free up room in the playroom since it would get the bookcase and a couple other things out of there, and it would force me to stop using that hall space to store things.
I think I'd like to get the girls some better chairs, probably for Christmas. Something cushy and comfy that I can plop on the floor in that corner, like bean bag chairs or something. And someday I'd like to frame my mural poster thing that's above the bookcase, but it's a funny size (like 29 inches by 10 inches) so I haven't been able to do it yet. But for now, the reading nook is done!
No comments:
Post a Comment