Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Names

I was thinking about baby names quite a bit today... we had a new nephew born at some point today, who has yet to receive a name (last I heard). Then one of my friends found out today that they are having a little girl, and as far as I know they haven't decided on a name for her yet, either. Although their daughter has her heart set on Pocahontas... I'm pretty sure they're trying to talk her out of that one.

Jacob and I have had our names picked out since about a week after we found out we were pregnant. In fact, I think we had our girl name picked out before we even got married... just for some point in the future when we would need one. And for the boy name, I think we were just laying in bed one night going through the alphabet thinking of names, and we found one that we both liked. And both names have stuck. So for a girl--Naomi Rose Romney (Jacob originally wanted Aurora Rose... like Sleeping Beauty... but I shot that one down. Aurora is pretty, but Aurora Rose is just toooo much.) And for a boy--Noah Aaron Romney. We like them. :)

Now we just have to hope that our baby comes out actually looking like a Naomi or a Noah, or we'll have to start over.

11 comments:

Angie said...

I love love love both of the names. I love strong boy names. And you know, Dalaney's middle name is Naomi, after my Grandma's middle name....so of course I like that too!
I can't believe my little sister is going to be a mommy!
I will email you tomorrow in response to yours. Love you sis.

Dottie said...

The names are beautiful...now that you've let the cat out of the name bag, lets hope no one uses them first!

NanRomn said...

Nice names.

Mallory said...

I love your names!

The Romneys said...

haha Dottie, nobody better use them! Because I'm using my names either way, so it will be their own fault that our children have the same names. :)

Jared said...

Good news; we finally found a name for your nephew. He will be Noah Aaron Romney...Just kidding; we would'nt do that to you guys...its Aaron Noah Romney.

Katie K said...

Wouldn't that be super cute for twins!

Jacob Romney said...

How many times do I have to say I wasn't serious about that? Since you keep bringing it up though we are going to name a girl Aurora

miles said...

I like scripture names. Name him Enos...

...no one could make fun of that...

miles said...

Or Zenos...

shell8170 said...

So cute :) I can't wait to meet him/her!