
Last night I bought our plane tickets to visit my family for Christmas. We were originally planning on actually being in Pennsylvania for Christmas day, but we decided to fly in the day after Christmas and then fly back on the 31st so that we will be home in Utah for the actual holidays. One of our reasons for this decision was Jacob's job--he is working on-call right now for Provo Canyon School, which is a school for troubled youth. Because the students live at the school, they always need people to work on holidays. So whether Jacob is still on-call or if he has a full-time position by then, he will definitely be able to get some hours over the holiday season.
The second reason I wanted to be here for Christmas day is that I'm really looking forward to our first Christmas as a married couple. My parents always tried to have Christmas Day just with our immediate family. We visited our extended family during the season, but Christmas day was always just us. I want to try to do the same with Jacob and our little family (right now, just our family of 2!). I want to be able to start our own Christmas traditions and do Christmas our own way. I'm SO excited to decorate our little apartment and to actually be there for Christmas. I LOVE decorating for Christmas, and I go all out every year. I've had my own Christmas tree since my freshmen year, and I now have two trees--the little 3-foot tree that I bought when I lived in the dorms, and the 6-foot tree that I bought last year for my apartment. Just thinking about Christmas has gotten me excited already to decorate, which is sad since it's only September 4th. *sigh* I'm going to have to decorate for Halloween again this year to tide me over until it's socially acceptable to decorate for Christmas... Not that November 1st is really socially acceptable... but we all know I don't like to wait much longer than that. I think I start wishing for Christmas earlier and earlier every year.
Just a few more months...
Photo (C) Freefoto.com
The second reason I wanted to be here for Christmas day is that I'm really looking forward to our first Christmas as a married couple. My parents always tried to have Christmas Day just with our immediate family. We visited our extended family during the season, but Christmas day was always just us. I want to try to do the same with Jacob and our little family (right now, just our family of 2!). I want to be able to start our own Christmas traditions and do Christmas our own way. I'm SO excited to decorate our little apartment and to actually be there for Christmas. I LOVE decorating for Christmas, and I go all out every year. I've had my own Christmas tree since my freshmen year, and I now have two trees--the little 3-foot tree that I bought when I lived in the dorms, and the 6-foot tree that I bought last year for my apartment. Just thinking about Christmas has gotten me excited already to decorate, which is sad since it's only September 4th. *sigh* I'm going to have to decorate for Halloween again this year to tide me over until it's socially acceptable to decorate for Christmas... Not that November 1st is really socially acceptable... but we all know I don't like to wait much longer than that. I think I start wishing for Christmas earlier and earlier every year.
Just a few more months...
Photo (C) Freefoto.com
7 comments:
Christmas will be so much funner (is that even a word?) when you start having little ones around too!
I love Christmas as well. But I am not ready to wish my warm weather goodbye!
December 1st is when it's socially acceptable in my house
Last year I decorated our apartment Novemeber first and Eric thought I was nuts. I missed you then. Your first christmas will be so fun! We got up at 2:30 in the morning to open our gifts because we couldn't sleep. :)
I say christmas decorations will come up in our house right after thanksgiving. And they must come down right after new years.
I think I should come over and help you decorate for both Halloween and Christmas!!!
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!! I am trying to yard sale it up so i can decorate all out this year. Having christmas last year in florida sucked
Julie, first off i found your blog (not sure how but i did) and you are such a cute pregnant ladY! second, i totally remember you decorating our helaman dormroom before thanksgiving! good luck waiting!
Post a Comment