Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Sorry for the belated weekend post! Our weekend was just so busy that it has taken me most of this week to recover. Luckily, I was quite ill last night and had to call off work today, so I have had a day to rest and relax, and I have been enjoying it! Other than the being sick part, of course. But I'm feeling pretty decent right now. :)

Friday night I had a girl's night out with some old roommates. We went to dinner at Shoots in the Riverwoods, and it was DELICIOUS! I loved it. Someday I am going to take Jacob there. After dinner we went to Color Me Mine and painted pottery. We did the same thing for a night out when we were still roommates a few years ago, and it was way fun. You have to pay for your pottery and then a studio fee to paint, but you can stay as long as you want. So we sat, talked, and painted for a few hours. It was so great to catch up with friends that I haven't seen in such a long time. Katie took a few pictures and posted them on her blog here, so check them out!

On Saturday, Jacob and his friends Craig and Eric hiked the Y, so the wives all hung out. We went to the mall to get maternity clothes for Sarah. The outing completely wiped me out. I was so tired, I couldn't stand for 10 minutes in the store. I kept having to sit down. I am just not used to this pregnancy exhaustion. I don't like it. :( Even simple things like going to the mall are too much for me.

The rest of the day was full of cleaning and getting the house ready for company. Jacob's brother Benjamin was coming to stay with us until Monday from BYU-Idaho, because his mom was bringing Mary out for school. Mary is starting this semester at BYU-Idaho as well, so Benji came down to pick her up. Which worked out well because we were going to have cake for Jacob's birthday on Sunday, so his mom, Mary, and Benji ended up all being in town for our little celebration. I say "little", but we ended up having 12 people over. It was fun to have so many people over, but the get-together was really draining for me. It had been thrown together last minute when we found out everyone was going to be around, and I wanted everything to be perfect so I tried to do too much. I ended up having an emotional breakdown in front of most of Jacob's family that was here. So that was fun. Hopefully they don't all think I'm nuts. :)

On Monday, Jacob worked and I cleaned up the house a bit from our party. Then we went to an early dinner at Tucanos. It was sooo yummy. Jacob's been wanting to go since we first started dating, but we just didn't have the time or money until now. We splurged and even got dessert. He got some kind of Raspberry cheesecake, and I got the Snickers cheesecake. Yum! But my favorite part of the meal was the sirloin steak. I am not even a steak lover, but oh my goodness! Theirs was so delicious. Our meat guy was so great, he even tracked down well done steak for me (I can't bring myself to eat bloody steak, it's just gross!). Even our drinks were fabulous. I had a Strawberry Brazilian Lemonade, and Jacob got a Passion Fruit Brazilian lemonade. All this talking about our food is making me want to go back! The whole dinner was just superb!

We went mini-golfing Monday night at Trafalga in Orem, which ended up being a pretty sad excuse for a mini golf course. But it's the only place around we knew of, and it was still fun. We went with our friends Craig and Sarah. Craig won the first game and tied the second with Jacob, so he won the honor of being declared "Mini Golf Master of the Universe".

And finally, some pictures!
Jacob & Me at the mini golf place

Jacob doesn't like to look at the camera... or smile!

Jacob eating at Tucanos
And another one at Tucanos
Oh, and on Wednesday afternoon we also went to see the movie 9 for Jacob's birthday. I think Jacob liked it, although he seemed torn as to whether he really liked the ending or not. I liked it, too, which surprised me, because I am not at all a Tim Burton fan.

2 comments:

Angie said...

So cool that you got a girl's night out! We all need them once in a while.

I love the picture of you and Jacob cause the boy is actually smiling (even if it is a fake smile)! :0)

I know its hard, but don't push yourself. You have a hubby so you can delegate now too. You are pregnant, people will understand if stuff doesn't get done. take it easy so you don't get overwhelmed. K?????? ;0)

The dinner at Tucanos DOES sound delicious. And I am with you on the completely dead steak! Drinks are usually a splurge for us too. I usually get water. Well, now its cause of the sugar AND the price.

So happy for you that you had such a fun weekend. You deserved it. Love you sis!

shell8170 said...

Jules I'm sure noone noticed your break down LOL its fine and sounds like you are doing a beautiful job despite having a difficult pregnancy...sounds like the baby loves steak :)

Love you much and can't wait till you come visit your mom and dad with the baby so I can see LOL what's your due date?