Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Apologies!

Well, it turns out that the internet here at Jacob's brother's house is pretty crappy... we lost internet for a few days, and even when we've had access, it has been spotty and slow, so I got frustrated and gave up using the internet altogether. But I'm back! The internet is still slow and annoying, but I suppose it will have to do.

Although I didn't get to post them all in a week as I had planned, I did think of 7 reasons why we're going to love Missouri!

Reason # 4: Lightning Bugs!

I LOVE lightning bugs. Growing up in Pennsylvania, we always looked forward to being able to catch lightning bugs in the summer evenings. Lightning bugs don't exist in Utah, which was a bummer when we lived there... but they have them in Missouri! Yay for fireflies!

Reason # 5: Lots of Green

People from Utah think that Utah has green, but it does not. By green I mean lots of pretty trees, grass, bushes... all that pretty scenic stuff that makes Pennsylvania and Missouri so beautiful. Utah has mountains, which are beautiful, but I grew up around the green and I have missed it!

This is actually one of the houses Jacob's family used to live in... but look at that yard! You don't get a pretty green yard like that naturally in Utah.

Reason # 6: Rain

Now, rain and I are currently having issues in our relationship due to the fact that it caused us to have a car accident, damaging my pretty little car and costing us a lot of money that we definitely don't have. Normally, however, I love the rain. I love the way rain smells, I love the downpours, and the thunderstorms and the storm clouds that come with them. I love it when it rains so hard that you're soaked after only 10 seconds of being outside. Utah does not have good rain. Utah is a freaking desert. And on the one day a year when they do get a good rainstorm, the rain makes the temperature way too cold to comfortably play in it, so it isn't any good anyway. Here, however, we get lots of rain! We had the PERFECT downpour on Friday evening, and Jacob and I would have been outside playing in it if we weren't about to leave for a wedding reception. (To be honest, we considered it anyway but then decided it probably wouldn't be very nice to show up dripping wet if we could avoid it.)

And Reason # 7 to love Missouri is... Humidity!

Humidity would also probably be on my list of reasons to hate Missouri, if I had one of those, because it's so dang uncomfortable. But I love it as long as I don't have to sit outside too long in it, because not having the dry, Utah air means that I no longer have cracked, bleeding hands. That was a problem that plagued me the entire time I lived in Utah, no matter how many times a day I applied lotion.