My baby girl turned 4 months old on July 22! Time is flying by and Naomi is growing way, way too fast. I've been dressing her in some 3-6 month clothes that I received as baby gifts before Naomi was born, and I remember looking at them after she was born and thinking how huge they were compared to my tiny baby. But now, most of them fit her perfectly, and a few are even getting snug! It makes me sad. I just want her to stay my tiny, beautiful baby forever.
I jokingly call her my bi-polar baby, because she can go from being incredibly happy to incredibly sad within a few seconds. She is happy a lot though, and we love it. She gives us the biggest, cutest smiles where she opens her mouth wide and crinkles her eyes and squeals... it's so cute, I can hardly stand it.
I jokingly call her my bi-polar baby, because she can go from being incredibly happy to incredibly sad within a few seconds. She is happy a lot though, and we love it. She gives us the biggest, cutest smiles where she opens her mouth wide and crinkles her eyes and squeals... it's so cute, I can hardly stand it.
(Naomi's 4-month photos)
We've been taking Naomi on all kinds of adventures since we came to Missouri. She went to her first rodeo a few weeks back (a first for me as well), which she didn't love--I think the biggest problem was the humidity. I don't think I have ever felt such awful humidity before. The rodeo announcers called it "air you can wear". It was miserable. Sadly, Naomi decided about a minute into the bull-riding that she could stand it no longer, and we had to leave without getting to see the best part of the rodeo. Someday I want to go to a really big rodeo, because to be honest, the little one that we went to was not anything fabulous. It was fun to be out with our family though!
(JR & Adelyn playing in the ice to cool off at the rodeo.)
Naomi has been having fun with her cousins. Her cousin Zo, who we are staying with right now, has been using Naomi as practice so he can learn how to be a good big brother. He will have a baby brother within the next two months, so we are teaching him to "be soft" with the baby. Most of the time, he is pretty nice to Naomi. Naomi's youngest cousin, however, is not her favorite person. Little JR is a cutie, but he loves to hit Naomi and crawl on top of her and claw her face, so we have to keep them separated when we all get together. Adelyn, the oldest of the cousins here in Misosuri, just adores Naomi and is so sweet around her. She is always asking me where "Baby Omi" is and telling me how much she loves her.
On the 27th of July, Jacob's new video game came out (Starcraft 2), so we picked up his copy at midnight and then drove straight to Kansas City to stay with Jen & Jared for a couple days. Jen, being the brilliant woman she is, figured that we may as well hang out while our husbands are consumed by Starcraft and ignoring us anyway. So Jen and I watched movies, kept our babies from killing each other, and played with the kids at the free splash park. It was Naomi's first time in a pool, and sadly, it was not her favorite thing. I had been so excited to put her in her swimming suit for the first time and play with her at the pool, but I think it was a little too cold for her. We will try again soon, though. I hear the pool here in Marshall is actually really nice, so we're hoping to try that out one day soon!
(Don't you just love the little fat rolls on her legs?)
4 comments:
Ah! Shannon and I gave her the suit! Love it on her! So gald you guys are doing well :)
She is getting so big! Love all the updated pics!
She looks SOOO much like you did when you were a baby, Julie!!!
She is ADORABLE! Look at that smile. :)
I love the picture with the three kids. So cute. I hope Naomi warms up to the water soon!
Post a Comment