As of the 13th of this month, I am in the third trimester of my pregnancy! This pregnancy feels like it's going by much more quickly than the last one--I think it's because I have Naomi to keep me distracted and busy. I'm at the point now where I am extremely uncomfortable all of the time and every inch of me hurts, but I much prefer this pain & discomfort over the nausea and vomiting I had just two months ago.
Jacob and I still haven't decided on a name for this little girl! Jacob claims that we have, but he just gave in to the name I wanted because he didn't want to think about it anymore. Jacob has always wanted the name Aurora... like in Sleeping Beauty... and although I think it is beautiful, I can't get past the Disney reference. I'm afraid that everyone will think of Sleeping Beauty as soon as they hear it and that she'll get made fun of. If I ever give in and let Jacob use the name for one of our daughers, we have picked the middle name Noelle to go with it--Aurora Noelle. But as of right now, I want to find a name that we are both really happy with.
I've always wanted to name a daughter Aleta. It's my middle name, and I've always loved it. I think it's pretty and unique, but not unique enough that it's weird (like all of the "unique" things celebrities are naming their kids these days). Jacob didn't like it, but I guess he got tired of me looking at baby name websites and asking him, "What about Diana?", or "Do you like the name Megan?". (I really do love the name Diana, by the way, but we could never use Megan--it's the name of a girl or two that Jacob once dated/kissed.) At any rate, he finally gave in and said we could use Aleta, so we came up with the midde name Deanne (which is the name of one of Jacob's aunts, who I just think is awesome, and we had our wedding reception at her home!). So the closest we've come to agreeing on a baby name is Aleta Deanne, but I really want to find a name that Jacob loves as much as I do. We've got 3 months!
3 comments:
Too funny I was thinking Aurora would be a cute name for a girl. Than I thought Disney and I axed that idea! Aleta is really pretty!! I like it!! Plus it has meaning since it is your middle name! Hope this last trimester flies by for you!!!
How about Angie? ;o)
Seriously, I like the name you have tentatively picked out.
Angie (won't let me cpmment with my id)
My guess is that you'll axe the name Angie for reasons we won't go into :) But I like Aleta a lot and I think it will really grow on Jacob. Also, it sounds like now that the nausea is over you're thinking you might still have more kids! That's exciting.
Post a Comment