Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer

I can't believe that summer has already come & gone! Jacob is back in school full-time at Mizzou (taking 18 credits of nuclear medicine classes and physics... it will be a tough semester!), and I've been busy with chasing after Naomi and attempting (and failing, usually) to keep our place clean and organized.

Most of our summer, sadly, was spent inside our little townhouse, trying to stay cool. I had big plans of taking Naomi to the Columbia parks every day, and going on little family outings, and taking Naomi to the free splash parks. But as it turned out, Naomi is TERRIFIED of water unless it's in the tub, and for most of the summer, we had extreme heat warnings and temperatures in the 100's. So we settled with staying at home and playing in our nice, air-conditioned home.

Jacob and I celebrated our second anniversary on June 9th. We didn't have a babysitter for Naomi, and we didn't have any money to go out and do anything spectacular, so we celebrated here at home. Jacob put Naomi to bed while I ran out and picked up dinner to-go from Chili's, and we ate dinner by candlelight and then watched a movie on Netflix. Jessica, one of my old roommates from Provo and one of my very best friends came to visit us in the middle of July for an entire week! We had so much fun having her here, and we even managed to get out of the house a couple times despite the heat. We took Naomi to the pool one day and forced her to face her fear of water, but she whined and cried as soon as even one toe would touch the water. She LOVES her bathtime, but the pool for some reason terrifies her.

We all loved having Jessica here and were sad to see her go. Naomi especially enjoyed having a new person to play with and entertain her. We love you, Jess!!
Shortly after Jess left, my parents drove out from Pennsylvania to visit for a few days! We all went out to Steak 'N Shake for my 26th birthday, and my mom made a delicious cake--chocolate, chocolate chip cake with buttercream icing. Yum! I loved being able to spend my birthday with them. The last time I got to spend my birthday with my parents was the summer I turned 21, after my freshmen year of college. So it had been a while!

No comments: