Stupid Person #1 (actually people, in this case):
I took the car today to Jiffy Lube because we're about 5000 miles overdue for an oil change and tire rotation. So I tell the guy who comes to my window that we need an oil change and our tires rotated--he checks the tires and says yep, we definitely need them rotated. The front tires are wearing down more than the back ones. I also tell the guy that I don't want them to clean the inside of the car, because we had papers everywhere and I didn't want them to throw things out that I may need. (Our car was a mess... but don't judge! I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and I have a 20-month old. I'm tired and I haven't had the time to clean it). So he says that's fine, and he takes the car.
Fast forward 20 minutes, and I'm paying for the services, talking to a different guy than the one who initially took the car. They didn't charge me for getting the tires rotated, so I asked, and he said they didn't need to be rotated. So I explained that we were way overdue for them to be done and that the first guy said they needed to be rotated. He double checks with yet another guy, who also said that the tires are fine. They said that the tires weren't at full air pressure (or something like that), but they fixed that so now the tires are fine and they don't need to be rotated. So I say fine, whatever, and I pay and leave. Now, I don't know anything about cars, but how would the air pressure change the fact that the front tires were worn down more than the back? I don't understand. So when I get home, I called my family and spoke to my brother and one of his friends who know something about cars. They tell me to get the tires rotated no matter what the idiots at Jiffy Lube say. They recommend Big O Tires. So that is where I went next.
Oh! And when I got into the car to leave Jiffy Lube, I noticed that they cleaned the car and threw out EVERYTHING. Does no one at Jiffy Lube even talk to each other?! Because it seems that the first guy I spoke to didn't tell the others a single thing we talked about. So now I'm just praying that there wasn't a bill or a piece of mail that I needed in the car, because thanks to the idiots at Jiffy Lube, it's gone forever.
Stupid Person #2:
Everything at Big O goes fine. They rotate and balance my tires, and nobody does anything particularly idiotic. Hooray for Big O.
As I am leaving, however, I encounter a stupid man riding a bike. For this story, I refer you to the lovely diagram that I have drawn on paint. My route is shown by the blue line, and the idiot biker is shown by the green. The guy on his bike is sitting on a side road at a stop sign, about to turn onto my road. I pass him and am in line at another stop sign, about to turn right onto a very busy main road. As I am sitting in the traffic, waiting to turn, the biker turns onto my road and comes up beside my car, completely blocking me from making my turn. He is attempting to go straight, across all of the traffic on the main road. I don't know anything about the rules of the road concerning bike traffic, but I don't see how that is correct protocol! I am at the stop sign first, and yet I have to sit there for over 5 minutes waiting for this (insert swear word here) to ride his little bike across the street. There were 5 or 6 openings during this time in which I could have turned right, except that this stupid man on his bike was sitting directly in my way. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to turn right and run him over with my car.
Stupid Person #3:
When I finally get home, I checked the mail. We had a letter from someone regarding my medical insurance. Apparently, I've somehow not been on the plan for pregnant women these past 8 1/2 months, even though I should have been, and it's a pretty big problem. So I've spent a few hours the past week or so trying to get everything cleared up. In the letter, they said that I needed to come in and speak to someone about it all. They set me up an appointment time... for THIS Friday, as in the day after Thanksgiving, at 11:00 am. We will not be here on Friday... we'll be 2 hours away in Kansas City, and there's no way I can make the 11:00 am appointment. But tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and they're closed, and by the time I got the letter, it was already 4:30. I called anyway, but of course there are no real people to talk to, because there is never anyone available to talk to--you have to leave a message and wait for them to return your call. So that's what I did, but the last 2 or 3 times I've called and left messages, they were never returned, so I'm not holding my breath waiting for a response this time, either. So now I will just have to miss my appointment on Friday, and they will be annoyed... but really?! Who sets up an appointment for the day after a major holiday and gives you one day's notice, by letter sent in the mail?! I don't know what they expect me to do.
Stupid Person #4:
As soon as I had made my phone calls and left the message that most likely won't ever be returned, I ran out to do my last errand of the day... running to Walmart for diapers and wipes. In the Walmart parking lot, I turned right to drive up one of the little parking lot lanes. In front of me, there is a white truck just sitting there in the middle of the lane, not pulling into any parking space, and not going forward. He starts to reverse and either doesn't realize I'm there or doesn't care that I'm there, because he doesn't stop. He keeps reversing until I finally have to put my car in reverse and back down the lane. (These are the one way-parking lot lanes, so there is nowhere for me to go). I end up having to reverse the whole way back out of the parking lot lane, back into the main traffic driving in front of Walmart. Somehow, I never even thought to use the horn... I know I should have, but I was just so frustrated at this point that I just didn't think about it. I was so angry! When I finally got back into the parking lot area, I drove around for a minute looking for the truck... I wanted to yell at him or throw a cart into his truck or something (not really!), but he either finally parked or left altogether. So I went inside the store and called my mom and cried. Because that's what pregnant women do. And I'm very pregnant, and I have no patience for stupid people who piss me off.
1 comment:
Having to deal with that many stupid people and things would have made me cry too! (And I'm not pregnant, in case you were wondering :) I'm sorry you had one of those days. I hope everything gets sorted out with the insurance. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment