When we finally got Naomi out of the Princess tent, we opened presents. It was fun this year because Naomi was old enough to open her presents herself (for the most part). Naomi got her tent & a big thing of megablocks from my parents, and we got her a set of 12 hand puppets (13 bucks on Amazon!), some play dough, and a giant coloring book (play dough & coloring book from the Dollar Tree... I love the Dollar Tree!). We are also making her a puppet theater out of a cardboard presentation board, but we haven't had the time to finish it. With Aleta's arrival, things have just been a little too busy! I'm hoping we can finish it this week, and then I will post pictures. I was also able to get a double stroller for the girls, which I am way excited about! The double stroller that fits our infant car seat was $150, which we couldn't afford, but Babies R Us had it on sale before Christmas for $110, and then we got a gift card for the girls from some family, so I was able to get the stroller for only 85 bucks! For that price, I couldn't pass it up. I'm excited that I will be able to take the girls on walks & outings now!
For the rest of the day, Naomi played with her new toys, Jacob relaxed and played with Naomi and played some video games, and I spent a lot of time cooking! I made a bacon, egg, & cheese breakfast quiche for brunch, which was delicious! Then for dinner, we had a 9 lb. (it was the smallest I could find!) spiral honey glazed ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, fruit salad w/cool whip, and rolls w/butter & honey. Yum!! Oh, and cherry pie for dessert, which I did not make. I had planned on making it myself, but with the craziness of having a baby a week before Christmas, I decided to make it easier on myself and buy a pie instead. I also made peanut butter fudge for myself after dinner (I'm not a big pie fan), and in the last day, I've eaten half the pan myself. I love fudge... yum!!
No comments:
Post a Comment