I was spoiled with Naomi. She came exactly when I wanted her to. I had planned on having everything ready for my long-term substitute at work a week before my due date, just in case. So I finished everything for him on a Friday, 9 days before I was due. I went home and had a nice, relaxing weekend with Jacob. On Sunday afternoon, we went to the park and then went for a walk. I showered and got ready for work the next day (just in case), left a note on Jacob's facebook page telling him to make the baby come because I didn't want to go to work, and then I woke up at 3 am with contractions! It was perfect.
But this baby is apparently not as eager to be born as Naomi was. I've been telling her to come out for about a week now, but she is just not listening! I wouldn't be in such a hurry to have this baby except that I've had a lot of pain with the end of this pregnancy, and it hasn't been too fun. I felt fine at the end of my pregnancy with Naomi. As I mentioned earlier, Jacob and I went to the park the day before she was born. We played on the swings, went for a long walk, and then went home and did something else that couples sometimes do if they want to stimulate labor (if you catch my drift...). (Side note: We weren't trying to stimulate labor with the day's activities, but we were happy that it happened!) This time around, I hurt so much I can barely move. It feels a lot like how I felt after giving birth to Naomi. Walking, sitting up, sitting down, standing up, rolling over in bed, getting in or out of the car, putting on shoes.... everything brings pain. I sneezed today and thought I was going to die. So going for a long walk or anything else that requires movement is definitely out.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and my doctor told me last week that we will schedule a date for induction at tomorrow' appointment. I really want to avoid being induced unless it's absolutely necessary, so I am hoping this baby will come on her own before then!
I will end this post with a picture of Naomi... we took her to see Santa today for the first time! Bass Pro Shops gives you a free 4x6 photo of your child with Santa, which is AWESOME. There was no way I was spending 20 bucks on a photo package at the mall just so Naomi could sit on Santa's lap! And Naomi didn't scream and cry like Jacob and I expected her to! We didn't get a smile from her because she wouldn't let us take out her pacifier, but for this year, I am just happy that she wasn't crying!
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and my doctor told me last week that we will schedule a date for induction at tomorrow' appointment. I really want to avoid being induced unless it's absolutely necessary, so I am hoping this baby will come on her own before then!
I will end this post with a picture of Naomi... we took her to see Santa today for the first time! Bass Pro Shops gives you a free 4x6 photo of your child with Santa, which is AWESOME. There was no way I was spending 20 bucks on a photo package at the mall just so Naomi could sit on Santa's lap! And Naomi didn't scream and cry like Jacob and I expected her to! We didn't get a smile from her because she wouldn't let us take out her pacifier, but for this year, I am just happy that she wasn't crying!
1 comment:
I'm a stickler about paying for santa shots too. Your little gal is precious! We haven't attempted santa yet but I'm sure we will have tears.
Post a Comment