In addition to trying to be more fun as a mother, I have been trying really hard lately to cook more yummy meals. I have found that if I don't plan ahead of time what I am going to cook, then when dinnertime rolls around and I'm starving, I end up cooking some crappy frozen meal because it's fast and easy. So I've been planning our meals weekly, and it has helped me a ton!
In one of my google searches for easy dinner ideas, I found this recipe for Pasta & Spinach Gratin, and it looked yummy, so we tried it tonight. I loved it! Naomi wouldn't touch it, but I just never know what she will eat. It seems to depend on the day and on her mood. I think Jacob liked it--he had 3 helpings. Between the two of us, we ate 3/4 of it, and it filled my 9x13 casserole dish!
Since it has lots of spinach, it made me feel like I was being healthy, but I'm thinking it was pretty fattening with all of the butter and cream that I used (I chose to use heavy cream--yum!!).
Doesn't it look pretty?
It was easy & yummy... definitely a dish that I will make again sometime!
3 comments:
Yum that does look delicious! I was jealous when I heard what a good dinner you had last night. I'll have to try out the recipe sometime.
Planning ahead is the secret--I need to start doing that again. Thanks for the inspiration!
Yes!! This is what is for dinner tonight - with Cauliflower and a salad hopefully!! Thanks, Julie - what a wonderful cook you have turned out to be!! Who would have guessed!! And we thought all you could "cook" was brownies!! ;) Love you!!
Post a Comment