Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Naomi is potty-trained!!!

We were finally successful in potty training Naomi!  She's been potty trained for about a month now, but I'm behind on blogging as usual.  Anyway, I'd tried two or three times before this last attempt, but I never even lasted a full day before giving up.  This last time, I was determined, and Naomi finally seemed ready.  The first day sucked, and half of the second sucked, but by about noon on the second day, she had it!  We used a sticker chart to motivate Naomi, and it was all that was needed--that girl LOVES stickers!!
I made it myself... it's so pretty, right???

She was pretty much potty trained in a day and a half--I think she had maybe one accident the third day, and that was it.  It took a few more days to fill her sticker chart, and then I took her on the carousel at the mall as her prize.  Another thing Naomi LOVES is riding the carousel.
Naomi has stopped being good at posing for pictures... she won't smile anymore.  She will usually say "Cheese", but then the pictures turn out like this. haha
I didn't have my camera along, so a blurry phone pic will have to do!
Yay, Naomi!!  And hooray that we don't have to deal with potty training & accidents after we move into our place in St. Louis with its brand new floors & carpets...until we potty train Aleta, that is!

No comments: