Jacob graduated from the University of Missouri in May! He got his Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology, and he also took and passed his boards in the beginning of June. Jacob has worked SO hard to get to this point, and I am so proud of him! I have been putting off posting about it because I wanted to add
pictures, and I wasn't able to take any pictures of my own, so I
had to wait until I could get the photos from Jacob's mom.
The kids and I had to drop Jacob off at the arena and then park (at the very back of the farthest parking lot), so I had to walk for about 20 minutes in the heat by myself with the kids to get to the arena. It was terrible... after 30 seconds I was definitely re-thinking my shoes and wishing I had worn flats. Luckily, I had thought to bring our monkey-backpack-leash thing for Naomi (yes, I am one of those moms) so at least I didn't have to worry that she would run out in the road by herself and get hit by a car! Because I had to carry Aleta and our super-full diaper bag, I didn't even have a free hand to hold Naomi's hand. When Jacob graduates from his graduate program next year, I will find a better way to do the whole graduation ceremony thing... maybe just not bring the kids. I was super hot and tired and frustrated by the time we finally got in and sat down, so I didn't enjoy the ceremony, but you better believe I yelled as loud as I could for Jacob when they called his name. And at the risk of sounding ridiculous, I will admit that I teared up a little. He's been working towards this for basically our entire marriage, and it has been super hard for all of us. I was so proud and so happy!! Now we've just got one more year of grad school before he is hopefully done forever.
 |
| Naomi loves playing on Nanny's ipad! |
 |
| Me & my baby... she is so big now! |
 |
| My beautiful mother-in-law! |
 |
| Elizabeth, my sister-in-law Sarah's baby, looking up at Granddaddy. All of the babies just ADORE Granddaddy. |
 |
| Naomi loves sunglasses! |
My favorite moment of the day was when I was feeding the kids chips to
keep them happy and occupied, and Aleta grabbed the bag out of my hand,
flinging chips everywhere, and one landed right on the head of an old
man sitting in front of us. Jacob's mom and I were laughing SO hard that my eyes were watering. It was so funny. And even though some of the people
sitting by the man stood up and walked right by him at various times
throughout the ceremony, no one ever noticed the chip! So it stayed
there the entire time. We even got a photo.
 |
| Potato chip on old man's head... I believe it was sour cream & onion. |
Jacob was not in a picture-taking mood after the graduation ceremony (ok... he is NEVER in a picture-taking mood!), so he wouldn't smile for a single picture. The only one of us together where he even looks decent is this one, but I hate it of me. Oh well!
For me, this photo was a little better, but Jacob looked terrible, so I covered him up so he wouldn't get upset with me for posting it! But now you can pretend that he is smiling... :)
 |
| Jacob's parents & us |
 |
| The 4 of us... apparently I was the only one who knew this photo was being taken |
 |
| I like this one even though none of us are looking. |
 |
| I guess I was mistaken! Jacob did smile in one photo! |
Jacob's sister Sarah was visiting from Utah, so she was able to come to Jacob's graduation!
 |
| My sister-in-law Sarah... isn't she so pretty? |
Congratulations, Jacob!!!
1 comment:
That smiley face one of Jacob is amazing. I cackled.
Post a Comment