Thursday, July 25, 2013

Playroom Project!

When we move, we are going to have a playroom!  I am ridiculously excited.  A 100% kid-proof room dedicated only to toys and play... yay!  I want the playroom to be bright and colorful and cheerful, and I got an idea on Tuesday of something I could make to hang on the wall.  I started my project that night and finished it last night!

I started with a broken cardboard box that looked something like this:

Then I measured/cut/folded/stapled and made 4 square cubey things like this:

And then I made them pretty with scrapbook paper and mod podge, so they looked like this:

I am pretty happy with it!  They turned out almost like I had pictured in my head.  The broken box was free, obviously, and the scrapbook paper/cardstock only cost me a few bucks, so it was a super cheap project!  I can't wait until we move!!

1 comment:

Kate Sass said...

Very cute!! Looking forward having a play room one day too!
You may also enjoy some toilet paper tube crafts if you like recycle projects.