Here is Naomi with our Easter baskets...
And here she is with her own little basket... (Look how happy she is when her daddy is holding her--she loves her daddy!)
Naomi had her 2-week doctor appointment today! I can't believe that she is already two weeks old. And I can't believe how much she has grown already. As I was holding her yesterday, I realized she doesn't feel nearly as tiny as when she was first born and I was holding her in the hospital. And sure enough, we found out at the doctor appointment today that she has gained over a pound already. She is up to 6 pounds, 13 ounces! She also measured 19 1/2 inches long, but we're not really sure how much she has grown that way because they measure differently at the doctor's office than they do at the hospital.
Sadly, I don't think Naomi likes it when I eat chocolate. I ate quite a bit yesterday from my Easter basket (and hers!), and then she was up ALL night long, fussing and refusing to be consoled. I was exhausted and incredibly frustrated, so Jacob took her and held her until past 5. Then he came to bed and I took over. At some point she finally fell asleep, but not for very long. We were both completely wiped out today. Thanks to two of my amazing friends, however, I was able to take a nap and a shower this evening while they watched Naomi for me (Thank you Jessica & Anna!!). They also helped me to tidy up my apartment a bit, which I have been stressing about. We are moving out at the end of the month, and our landlord informed us last week that people would be stopping by in the next few weeks to look at the apartment. I would have been mortified if someone had stopped by and seen our apartment in the state it was in this morning. And I don't think our landlord would have been very happy with us, because no sane person would want to move into our apartment if they had seen it in that state.
I will leave you with a few more pictures of our beautiful, growing baby girl!
2 comments:
I forgot to ask...do you have your new place already picked out and ready to go? I am glad you are finding time for blogging at least! :0)
What a fun Easter! Naomi looks so cute.
I hope you got a chocolate bunny for Jacob. He didn't get one one year, and I heard about it until the next Easter was over!
Post a Comment