There have been a lot of simple little things that I didn't realize were going to be so difficult for me after having a baby. On our third morning home, when we were getting ready to take Naomi to the hospital for her daily foot-prick to check her jaundice level, I put my shoes on all by myself. I was so proud, I called Jacob over to show him! That may seem silly to you, but on the two previous days, Jacob had to help me get my shoes on because I hurt too bad and couldn't bend over to put them on. In the hospital, I was so excited when I could finally roll over in bed without Jacob's help because my epidural had finally worn off enough that I could move on my own. Even walking was harder than I expected. I was so sore that I had to take tiny little steps and walk reeeeally slowly. It took me ten times as long as it should have to walk across the parking lot when we came home from the hospital. So I celebrated the day that I woke up and could walk normally again.
Now that it's been almost 2 weeks (she'll be two weeks old on Monday--I can't believe it!), I am feeling pretty good! We're hopefully done with fevers and infections, and Naomi is hopefully done with jaundice problems... Jacob and I are still sleep deprived, of course, but we're not expecting that to change anytime soon... or ever. :)
Anyway, here are a few more pictures of our baby girl!
2 comments:
Don't worry about messiness. Enoy the precious time you have with your baby. They grow way too fast. The dust and mess will always be there, your baby won't always be a baby. Don't beat yourself up.
You look wonderful! I'm so glad you are feeling better. You might remind Jacob, when he is awakened by Naomi during the night, that he used to get me out of bed 11 time a night (yes, I counted).
Post a Comment