Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Little Screamer

Naomi has recently decided that she likes to scream... a lot. It has made the past few days interesting! Thankfully, the last 24 hours have been a bit better. We don't know what is responsible for the improvement, but we are definitely happy about it!

Naomi has also decided that she likes to be held and will not tolerate being put down... ever. This has also made the past few days (and nights) extra fun. Even after I have held her for an hour and she is dead asleep in my arms, within 2 minutes of putting her down, she will be awake and screaming. I somehow got her to lay on the boppy for about an hour last night, which gave me enough time to do a little cleaning and get some dishes done, but for the rest of the night I had to hold her. I was so exhausted that I somehow fell asleep while I was holding her and half-sitting up on the couch, using the boppy as my pillow. Despite the awkward position, it was actually a decent nap!

Here is one of Naomi's silly little faces that she makes when I try to take her picture:

And here is what Naomi looks like on the now rare occassion that she is sleeping peacefully (we like these parts of the day):


3 comments:

Mallory said...

She is a doll! Alex wont sleep on her back. She will sleep sitting up in her little bouncy chair. She will only take naps being held so I put her in the bjorn so I can at least get something done!

Angie said...

I forgot to tell you in the email....maybe try to bundle her up like they do in the hospital. Maybe that will help her sleep without you holding her. Bundle her up tight. Maybe try having her sleep in her carseat too so she feels like she is being held.

Katie K said...

She's still so cute! I wonder what's making her so fussy though? I'm a bit nervous for this whole have a brand new baby thing... It sounds harder than I imagined...