Monday, June 7, 2010

The Past 6 Years

There is a good chance that we could be leaving Utah sooner than we had originally planned... much, much sooner, in fact. We've been saying for months now that we are ready to leave Provo and we welcome the day we can get out. But now that "that day" could be any day now, I'm not sure that I am ready. I thought I had more time! I had a whole list of things that I wanted to do with Jacob and with our new little family before we left, and I will no longer have the time I expected to have.

I have LOVED the time I have spent here in Utah. I know Provo is often not appreciated by non-Utahns, and I have definitely had my moments... but I really have loved being here for so many reasons.

First, I love BYU. The campus is beautiful--spring, summer, fall, winter... it's pretty at every time of the year for different reasons. And despite all of the anxiety and tears that this university caused me throughout the four and a half years I attended, I had so much fun.

Provo is close to so many other fun places to visit. Vegas, Disney Land, the beach, Moab... I had a blast going on weekend or even day trips with my friends.









I loved the social scene here when I was single and still in school. Not that I was a very social person (at all!), but I always had my few good friends and I had a blast with them. Most of my best friendships were made here at BYU.





Most importantly, I met and married my husband and best friend while going to BYU and living here in Provo (our wedding anniversary is on Wednesday! woot!). And about 9 months and 2 weeks later, I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl.


I came out to Utah in August of 2004 as a shy, terrified little freshmen who didn't know a soul. 6 years later, I will leave Utah with many amazing memories, some great friends, a degree, and a husband and baby who I love more than anything. Who knows what this next phase of my life will bring?

4 comments:

Angie said...

That first picture is beautiful. I loved taking this walk down memory lane. And I am glad I got to see a tiny bit of your world when we visited last summer. I love you. YOu will make new wonderful memories wherever you go...

The Brown Family said...

I completely know how you feel, we only live an hour away, but we miss Provo already a ton and to think we'll be moving 2,000 miles away in a few months is a crazy thought for us, I guess it's the grown up thing to do, but anyways, keep the updates coming your family is too cute!

Katie K said...

So sad Julie. I can't believe you are really leaving! We have to get together soon. I'll text you.

BTW I think Utahns hate Provo more that non-utahns. :)

Angela said...

Those pictures brought back a lot of good memories! We had a lot of fun over the years. Seems like Provo has been pretty good to you. I am going to miss you so much! Hopefully you get to visit your parents this summer and I can come down and see you.