
Last summer I bought my adorable new
picnic basket from Target. I was so excited to use it. But somehow, the summer months came and went, and didn't use it once. So today, we finally went on a picnic! I was so excited. We had meant to make a picnic lunch and go to the park around noon, but noon turned into 5:00, so we had a picnic dinner instead. It was probably for the best, though, because by 5:00 it was BEAUTIFUL outside. At noon it would have been really sunny and hot, but the weather was perfect this evening. I didn't have to worry about Naomi getting sunburn, and Jacob and I were comfortable in t-shirts and jeans.

For our picnic we had ham and cheese sandwiches, chips, potato salad, sodas, and for dessert-- strawberries & chocolate covered pretzels! Yum!
We stayed for a couple hours after finishing our picnic to read and just enjoy being outside. Naomi slept for the majority of the time we were there...

But she eventually woke up to play with us! Naomi loves being outside. If she is upset and Jacob can't get her to calm down, he will often walk around with her outside our apartment. As soon as she gets outside, she quiets down. The downside, however, is that as soon as we take her back inside, she starts crying again. But I'm glad she enjoys being outdoors, and I'm hoping to play outside a lot this summer!
3 comments:
CUTE! I think we need to go on a family picnic now! I might steal your idea! hehe
I think Naomi's frowny face is the same as Jacobs! It sure is hard to get a smile out of them!
So cute! What a fun idea!
Post a Comment