That is the temperature inside our apartment right now. At 1 in the morning. It's been up in the 80's all day, and I've been holding out for nighttime, hoping it would cool down, but as it is 1 already and our inside temperature hasn't changed even slightly, I have lost all hope of ever getting comfortable.
I HATE being hot. I am an extremely warm-blooded person, as any of my old roommates will tell you. We were constantly in a war over the thermostat because I would get hot and turn it down, and they would all get cold and turn it back up. I miss those days... at least I had air conditioning to fight over.
I don't know what else to do about this heat! I already wear nothing but my garments, unless the doorbell rings, when I run into the back and throw some clothes on while Jacob answers the door. We have one fan that is running at all times, and I would buy a few more, but we really can't afford it. Tonight we even resorted to turning the shower on with freezing cold water and just standing in the bathroom while the water cooled down the air in the room. I'm out of ideas. I can't sleep if I'm even a little too warm, so I'm not even going to attempt to go to bed tonight.
I'm also at a loss as to how I am supposed to make dinner, because every time this week that I turned on the oven, it raised the temperature in our apartment about 10 degrees. When it got up to 90, I vowed I would never use the oven again. I can't live in a 90 degree apartment, so I need some kind of amazing dinners that I can make for the rest of the summer that don't require any use of the oven or stove. The only idea I have is to use the crock pot, but I only have so many crock pot recipes. And I haven't tried using it yet this summer, so I don't know if that will make our apartment hotter. I sure hope not, because as I said, that's the only idea I've got.
I hate summer without air conditioning. 9 months and 12 days until our contract runs out and we can move.
4 comments:
Ah yes, that brings back many newlywed memories for me. I remember the suffering, the laying in the bed in the middle of the night not being able to sleep with the fan full force blowing on us. We finally broke down and bought an air conditioner. Just know that I completely empathize with you.
As far as dinners, it sounds like you will be eating lots of cold salads for dinner. Even cold sandwiches, cereal, etc. Thats all you can do. And there is nothing wrong with that. The last thing you want on a hot day is a hot meal.
YOu and Jacob want to pick up and move here for the rest of the summer? ;-) We have a lovely little camper that has AC.....
Hang in there sis. YOu will look back at this time and have fun stories to tell.
So, I looked on weather.com yesterday to figure out when in the world it's going to cool down and I noticed something... in the hour by hour forecast you can see that in Provo we never hit the day's low temperature until at least 3 am, usually 4 or 5. We have several fans and window units and unless we run them all day, even when w're out or not in that room at the time, it gets stifling.
If you need more crock pot recipes I have some that aren't really "recipes" but are tasty and super easy, plus a whole crock pot cook book. Also, my one favorite thing to cook in the summer... pasta salad, my friend. Nice and cold. Or pasta in general, the burners put off less heat than the whole oven.
I did that pregnant. I vowed to never live a place without ac again. Our first apt. didn't have heat either...yes in Provoand that was the winter when it got down to like -3. We had a couple space heaters that we moved around with us...and we pretty much froze to death. ALso, how about lots of nice refreshing salads? Pasta/veggie, straight up lettuce.
I can't stand to be too hot either! Hopefully it cools down soon for you!
Post a Comment