Friday, July 24, 2009

Hooray for mail and birthdays!

These came for me in a package this week: I am so excited! I was unable to find the chocolate tastykakes when I was home in June, even after trying several different stores. But my wonderful parents were able to find them for me.

I also got a package last week from my amazing friend and sister (in heart), Angie. She sent me two of the children's books that I had seen at Barnes and Noble but had to stop myself from buying due to lack of funds. I love children's books! And I love birthdays!

Jacob and I took a somewhat spontaneous trip to Roosevelt on Tuesday morning. We got a call from his mom on Monday night saying that they were closing on their house this week and needed help moving. So Jacob spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday loading and unloading heavy boxes and furniture. His body isn't used to manual labor, and he is exhausted now, but I'm proud of how hard he worked. I mostly sat around the house feeling awkward and useless (I basically have no muscles, as I'm sure you all know). I helped pack a very little bit, but it's hard when it's someone else's house and someone else's stuff. I spent quite a few hours looking through a tub full of Jacob's belongings. His journal made for some very interesting reading, as did his mission letters. It was fun learning about his life before I knew him.

We got back at about 2 this morning. We needed to get back so that I could get my new driver's license (mine expires tomorrow), and guess what?! The DMV is closed on Fridays. Bummer. So now Jacob has to drop me off and pick me up from my teacher training on Monday. I get my own little chauffeur for the day. He's looking forward to it. ;)

I finally cleaned our apartment on Monday night, so I took a few pictures today.

Our lovely embroidered towels from Jacob's aunt...
And our tiny little bathroom... I took some pictures of our second bedroom ("the storage room"), but I've decided they make me look bad, so I'm not posting them. Maybe I'll retake some after Jacob and I sort through everything and get rid of the junk.
Pictures of the rest of our apartment will be coming soon.

5 comments:

Jen R. said...

You could be rebelious and drive with an expired lisence. You'd be really hard core if you sped a little too.

Angie said...

I have never even seen those chocolate Tastykakes before. Are they new?

Love your embroidered towels. Sean and I got some from sommeone when we were married too, and we still use them 15 years later!

HAve a great birthday tomorrow.

I love you!

shell8170 said...

That's totally awesome Jules...you're parents rock! Have a good birthday sweetie!

Elder James Romney said...

Thank you for coming up with Jacob to help us get our stuff out. You were a huge help.

NanRomn said...

Which Aunt?