Today I went to Barnes and Noble with my love! I love bookstores, and I love my husband, so it was a good trip. I could spend hours in bookstores, and I have, on many occasions. I usually spend the majority of my time in the children's section, and today was no exception. I started picking up a few books that I really, really wanted, but my pile kept getting bigger and bigger, and when I remembered that we are poor newlyweds, I had to put them all back. So I settled for making a Wish List of all the books I want... for my classroom, of course! (Actually, I buy the children's books for myself... I use them in my classroom, too, but I read them more than my students do.) Someday when we aren't quite so poor, I will use my awesome teacher discount and buy some of the books I want.
My Wish List (so far):
"Chocolate Fever", by Robert Kimmel Smith (I've never read it, but I love chocolate, and I'm always looking for fun, new chapter books for read-a-louds.)
"The Wednesday Wars", by Gary D. Schmidt
"Number the Stars", by Lois Lowry (I love books that take place during wars and other events in history so that I can teach my students about history as we read. I read a story like this with my 6th graders last year, and I taught them about the Nazis and the Jews as we read. I loved it!)
"The True Story of the Three Little Pigs", by Jon Scieszka
"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", by Judi Barrett and Ron Barrett
"The Spiderwick Chronicles", by Holly Black and Toni DiTerlizzi
I'm sure this list will get longer as the summer goes on...
5 comments:
"The True Story of the Three Little Pigs", by Jon Scieszka
"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", by Judi Barrett and Ron Barrett
These two are good -- I used to read them to my children. I haven't heard of the other books--maybe they came out more recently.
Wow I just wait for books to come out on video LOL If you want to read to me sometime I'm totally cool with that though LOL
I LOVE Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I just told the story to my nanny kids and they loved it, even without the good pictures. i hear they're making a movie out of it.
I spent my time reading a history book.
Uh, yeah, sure, Jacob....
Post a Comment