Friday, August 7, 2009

And so it begins...

It has started... the morning/afternoon/night sickness of the pregnant. *sigh* The last few days, I have felt nauseous about 80% of the time, and this morning I actually got sick. Hopefully that doesn't become a daily occurrence. I read somewhere that morning sickness is linked with less chance of miscarriage... probably just another pregnancy myth, but I'll pretend it's true because it makes me feel better!

4 comments:

Mallory said...

I felt that way for about 2 weeks with being nauseous. Nothing really helped. Just sleep and taking my prenatal vitamins at night. I get really sick with them so I take them before I go to bed and I sleep through it. It helped me a lot. Also, eating whenever I feel hungry. Are you taking your prenatals yet?

The Romneys said...

I've been taking them since before we knew we were pregnant. They don't usually make me too sick unless I take them without food... I did that once accidentally, and I'll never do it again. haha I'm just worried about school starting and having to teach while I feel sick. :(

Angie said...

Oh no, I worry about you and how you will get through working while being sick. I had the sickness with all of my pregnancies so I know how hard it can be. Will call you tomorrow. Will be keeping you in my prayers. I love you!

Elizabeth said...

I have to second taking the vitamins at night... they never bothered me until I was further along, but once they did... eeecch. Also, I know eating all the time seems like it's going to ruin your body forever or cost a zillion dollars, but you really have to do it or the nausea gets out of control. Just pick foods that boost your blood sugar without being actually bad for you, like fruit. And even if you gain weight, it all comes off in the end. I've lost like, 35 lbs in the last few weeks without even trying. Yay for nursing and then having a huge fat baby to carry around all day!