I hate being pregnant. I am so sick all the time. I can't do dishes, I can't do laundry, I can't clean the house... people come over, and it looks TERRIBLE, and I feel so embarassed, but I can't get anything done! Yesterday I felt sick basically for the entire day other than a two hour period, and I threw up twice. And the night before, I woke up 8 times because I had to pee. 8!! I don't think I slept for more than an hour and a half straight that night. I have had to stop showering in the morning because it always makes me feel worse and usually results in me getting sick. So I have to shower at night and have gross-looking hair all day. And eating all the time is not fun! I am so tired of everything that we have to eat. I have to be eating constantly, or else the nausea gets out of control. But I don't have an appetite, because I eat so much that I don't want food anymore. Even when I feel hungry, I still don't want food. Nothing sounds good. And if I can smell food, no matter what it is, it makes me nauseous. So I have to somehow find food to make and eat that doesn't have any kind of smell. I hate it. I hate it all. :(
*sigh* I don't know how I'll make it through the next month.
In happier news, we think Jacob got a job! It's a part time, on-call position at Provo Canyon school, where he used to work. We are hoping that soon they will have a full-time position open up. Two different people that he has talked to there have said that they are planning on maybe hiring someone full-time in the fall. But in the meantime, at least we will have a little extra money coming in!
Sorry for the lack of pictures on my posts. I just have none that I have been wanting to put up, or I've been too lazy to take any. And I don't know the rules about putting up pictures that you find on the web, so I just avoid it altogether to keep myself out of trouble. :)
6 comments:
I will continue to pray for you. And in the meantime, I will put a goody package together for you of some things you can try. If you don't like them, then I am sure Jacob will eat them. ;0)
Glad that job we talked about the other day is looking up. Hopefully it will turn into full time soon. Love you lots!
I'm so, so sorry! I hate to say it but I know how you feel! I have a love/hate relationship with my pregnancy. I love my baby and the blessing but I hate, hate everything that comes with it. My 6th week I was sleeping 15 hour nights!! Now I sleep two hour nights with potty breaks every hour. Our apartment is so dirty because I am too tired to clean. I hate living in our apartment. I cry almost everyday at the mess. Tim tries but guys suck at cleaning. They say your 2nd tri it gets better. I am slowly starting to feel it. I am sorry. Your going to make it!! They keep telling me that ; )
Sorry this is so tough - it is worth it in the end but getting through this takes true grit. Hang in there. Just keep remembering what a privilege it is to bring these little spirits into the world. I Love you!!
Hey Julie,
1. Congrats on the big news. VERY exciting.
2. Hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but whenever I hear women complain about their pregnancies I literally start to cringe. It's not like I had perfect pregnancies by any means, but it's so very hard to hear women complain when so many cannot have children. They long for the pains, the aches, the nausea, the hunger, the million bathroom trips, and the million fun things that go along with having childdren. I hope this doesn't seem mean, just be careful of those women you may know who are not as fortunate as you to be sick & pregnant. I have known several women that can't & it is more heartbreakng than you can imagine. Sometimes in the midst of all the puking it can be hard to think of anything else. Good luck Julie!
I doubt they long for the pains, aches, nausea, hunger, bathroom trips, vomiting, and weight gain. I'm pretty sure they long for having a child. I am sorry that they can't have children, but if we're gonna avoid any topic that might make someone unhappy then we can never discuss anything. For example, I wanted to be a pro athlete, but I wasn't good enough, so it hurts when someone complains about how hard their pro sport training is. I don't think they should talk about it. Wait a minute! That sounds really silly.
I think Jacob pretty much summed that up. If you're having a hard time with food, two things that I could ALWAYS eat, no matter what, were Carnation Instant Breakfast and most varieties of cold cereal. This was true for both my pregnancies. Maybe they could work for you too? Hang in there!
Post a Comment