Monday, August 31, 2009

My Favorite Time of Day

I am NOT a morning person. I never have been. I wish I never had to get out of bed before 11 AM. But I don't live in a fantasy world, I live in the real world, where I have a job and responsibilities, so I have to get up at 6:30 each day instead. And although I still dread the moment my alarm goes off every morning, I have realized that I actually really enjoy the half hour block of time right after I wake up in the morning.

I used to wake up and give myself an hour and a half to shower, do my hair and makeup, and get ready for work. That usually didn't include breakfast... breakfast was a slim fast that I would drink as I drove to school. But when I got pregnant, I had to change my morning schedule. To reduce the effects of morning sickness, I had to set aside a half hour block every morning so that I could lay in bed and nibble on graham crackers, cheerios, or some other dry food. Jacob is still asleep during this time, so I get to lay in bed and cuddle with my husband for a half hour every morning. I love it! I don't worry about anything--I have zero stress for that half hour. I usually feel pretty good, because I haven't gotten out of bed or even sat up yet. I just lay in bed, eat food, and snuggle my husband. And he usually snuggles me back, even if he's asleep when he does it. What could be better than that? :)

3 comments:

Katie K said...

Ok that is the cutest post I've read in a long time!

Angie said...

Way to look for the positives! I love you!

shell8170 said...

So sweet...cuddling rocks!