Saturday, May 19, 2012

Better late than never... right??

Waaaay back in the beginning of December I bought a gingerbread house kit at Walmart on one of my grocery runs.  I was so excited to make the gingerbread house with Naomi.  I considered getting it out a few times before having Aleta, but I kept thinking that I should wait until it was closer to Christmastime.

Aleta was born 9 days before Christmas.  I got home from the hospital exactly a week before Christmas, and even though we spent a lot of the following week lazing around the house, the gingerbread house never once entered my thoughts.  Christmas came and went, and the gingerbread house kit remained hidden in the pantry.

Then in the beginning of January, we moved.  And I found the gingerbread house again as we were packing.  So we packed it and brought it to our new place... I figured, "It's still good... Christmas wasn't even a month ago.  I can still get away with making a gingerbread house with Naomi!"  But I kept getting mastitis... every 2 weeks... and I was busy enough trying to recover from that and attempting to clean and unpack.  So again, it got put aside and eventually lost in a cupboard.

Around Easter time, I found the gingerbread house yet again.  I wasn't planning on actually using it anymore--the time for Christmas activities was way past, but my friend Cassie told me that I should still do it... Naomi would never know the difference!  And I thought, "She's right!"  So on April 16, we finally put together and decorated our Christmas gingerbread house.  And we had a blast!  Naomi took a bite out of a tree before I had even gotten the house put together, and she ate more of the candy than what she put on the house, but we had fun!
Chewing on some candy...
The tree Naomi bit the top off of...



Naomi decorated that side of the roof all by herself!
The finished product!  Beautiful, I know... :)

Maybe by Halloween we'll find the time to decorate eggs with the Easter egg-dyeing kit that's still sitting on the bookshelf.

No comments: